CarWings (NissanConnectEV) available on 2015 Leaf S without Navigation?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldallan

Can my 2015 Nissan Leaf "S" without the Navigation option use CarWings (now known as Nissan Connect EV)?

I've got an account with Nissan, and attempted to activate NissanConnect EV with the VIN number. However, I only got a message about contacting Nissan Support. I "threw in the towel" at that point and decided to first check with MyLeaf.

I'd like to be able to monitor the status of charge when plugged into Nissan Level-2 chargers at the two Nissan dealerships in my city. Our utility company also has a dual-head charger at one of their facilities with "free juice".

I use the ChargePoint app with ChargePoint stations, and it is very handy to monitor charging progress. There is a station about 2.1 miles away, so I will drive the Leaf to it, plug it in, walk home in about 40 minutes, do some foo-foo around the house, and then walk back to get the Leaf at about 90% charge.

The ChargePoint app provides a near real-time chart of charge-rate, and also cumulative kW. One of the heads on the dual-head charger is glitchy, so I can observe "drop outs", detect a 2nd car plugging in and half'ing the charge rate, and as the State-Of-Charge gets to where I want to retrieve it. I can also do a quick-and-dirty estimate if the Leaf is near my target of 90% and STOP the charging ... although I tend to not do that in case someone else was waiting for the charger to be available.

I've got my fingers crossed that CarWings might provide similar functionality. Wishful thinking on my part? Is this limited to vehicles with the Navigation option?

Can CarWings show status for Level-1 home charging? Chademo charging?

Back