Car Jack , Is there one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldstorage5

Hello, After getting 4500 miles, I decided to rotate my tire. I look for a Car jack, and looked in the manual. Is it true that there is no car Jack?

I just rotated the tires on my 2017 SL, Man, it was a painnot having a factory issued wretch to loosen the lug nuts. A racket was able to do it but when puttting the lug nuts back it was difficult. Any way I did it .

You can get a X-shaped lug wrench for between $10 and $20. Much easier to use than the L-shaped ones which come with cars. Giving the crossbar a good push will start it spinning and bring the nut almost all the way off (gives an impressive bruise if it hits your wrist or shin).
I also like putting a $30 hydraulic jack under the shock absorber rather than on the body - lift about 1 inch and you have plenty of clearance, rather than lifting the body to unload the spring and then lift the wheel an inch.

coldstorage5 said:
I just rotated the tires on my 2017 SL, Man, it was a painnot having a factory issued wretch to loosen the lug nuts.
Strange. My 2012 came with a wrench.
I bought a scissor jack from Home Depot. The leaf does have a mount for storing the jack, and the jack I bought pretty much fit right into it.

Back