Nissan Dealer Says He Wants to Buy my 2015 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearscout

It came in an email. The dealership that first leased and then sold me my 2015 Leaf S just offered to buy it back. Are other owners getting these kinds of offers?

We are currently offering up to $9,000 for your 2015 Nissan Leaf (S model) if your vehicle meets a certain standard. Does your vehicle meet these requirements?
The requirements are...

- Less than 25,000 miles
- Fast Charge Capable
- No Accidents

That offer would net me almost $5,000 in profit, but I have no intention of selling back my car. I figure the $4,020 price I paid at the end of a 2-year-lease was essentially "the car deal of a lifetime" for me. The email seems to suggest I might be interested in upgrading to the longer range 2018 model.

Actually, I'm not. With only 15,000 miles on my Leaf, I'm still getting 80-85 miles range. Because I'm retired, I actually only charge it 2-3 times a week. It's perfect for me.

I'd say... Probably not.

Simply not many 15's out there still under 25,000 miles. I admire your ability to resist EV Fever... :)

That is some BS to get you in the door. "UP TO"... meaning not gonna get that. Car dealers are smarmy tricksters. Since you're retired and have time on your hand, you should check it out, waste their time, and report back on your findings. :lol:

It's just dealership BS to get you in the door! I got a similar offer from Mission Hills Nissan - one of the worst dealers in the area - for my 2011 Leaf which I have not owned for two years...

pyromancy5 said:
That is some BS to get you in the door. "UP TO"... meaning not gonna get that. Car dealers are smarmy tricksters. Since you're retired and have time on your hand, you should check it out, waste their time, and report back on your findings. :lol:

That disclaimer is required and its been my experience that as long as the car is in like new condition, they are honoring those promises.

Anyone making a firm offer on a car unseen is ah... needs to rethink their actions.

I hope they are still making that offer in a few more years. I'd love to trade my 2017 in for a 2020 model or something. It should have about 10k - 15k miles on it by then and I didn't pay much more for it originally after the $22.5k in rebates that were on offer. :mrgreen:

This is computer-generated spam. I get them all the time, offering to buy my LEASED 2013 for about $6k. You can look forward to more offers for free or cheap oil changes, too.

pyromancy5 said:
Car dealers are smarmy tricksters. Since you're retired and have time on your hand, you should check it out, waste their time, and report back on your findings. :lol:

I may just do that. I've got to take it in for the annual battery check and a tire rotation. Good time to wander over to the used vehicle sale lot and ask. ;-)

The dealership has been honest in the past. They admitted they sold me the vehicle at too low a price. They now realize they can get much more for these vehicles because people want to get into an EV as a second car and don't want to pay (I'm in Georgia, where my first two Leafs were leased with a $5k tax rebate...each. That rebate is, as we say down here, Gone With The Wind.)

I get those letters all the time. Just like the letters that you should come into the dealer to CLAIM the new TV you just won!!

What they probably REALLY mean is that they will "buy" (let you trade in) the Leaf when you buy another one of their cars..

They really want you to walk through the door to sell you new cars...

Back