New Nissan EV app is out!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

check the play store to update it on your phones. i just did and was able to log in with my gen 1 leaf account and it recognized my car and showed me the gen1 car picture in the app even. (not sure if it always shows white but my car is white so maybe it knows)

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/features-app/system-requirements/nissan-connect-ev

go check it out and report back. this afternoon after i downloaded it i was not able to get it to connect/sync to my car, going to play with it some more tonight.

Marko

supposedly alexa should work with it now too, but it is asking me for a 4 digit pin when i tell it to start my Leaf... don't have such a pin that i know of.

not able to get the app to sync battery status at this point, give me error : Failed to get battery status value. Please try again later.
bSTOXs5.png

driving history loads through the app just fine though. so some parts work.

no, that starts at 15%, but i got the same error during the day when it was still mostly full. someone on /r/leaf said it works for them, so i am wondering if anyone else's here works or doesn't work.

cheers
Marko

Good thing I remembered my sign in :D

Looks like it gives me the status okay. Still takes a few seconds/half a minute or so...

I tried the Find My Car (My Car Finder) feature. Map initially showed Europe. After I hit the refresh circle button and waited, my local street map showed up. About a half mile off, may not be designed for high degree of accuracy just a general idea of location/zip code. Good thing I remember where I parked it (in my garage) ;)

Hi!

Is there a way to make it work outside of the US? :roll:
Even if it still that slow, I like the new design very much.
I can't install it from the Play Store, I tried the newest APK, but it shows the old UI.

I really hope they have not gone through the trouble of creating a new app without making it more reliable. Does anyone know how much of the new functionality is supposed to work with the Gen 1 Leaf?

If it ain't broke why fix it? The new design don't care for it at all. I'm currently charging my car and it says 110% plugged in and had some mileage range digital only, versus the segmented bars and digits, like you would see on your dash and the old app.

Also every time you go to the charge function it automatically sends out a charge request; you don't even get a chance to ya or nay it. So it turned my charging off since it was already charging and did not indicate it. It's not really clear if you're charging or not anymore. It finally updated and states "charg...." (charging is cut it off in a stylized circular layout). Before they had two simple icons, one Plugged In, One charging now (both showing) with charge bars and range, in rectangular layout, using the full screen of smartphones (verses stuffing it on edge of graphics) so nothing is abbreviated. You don't get that same Info at a glance layout anymore. Booooo. One star.

I'm sure they made some other improvements that are better, but the basic General status page is more stylized and less useful. It looks like the people who programmed this App didn't actually drive an EV car or use the old app daily, as I do. Really the old version (basic functions) were better. Maybe they historical data, history page, your "ranking" part is better? Could care less.

I want to be able to see at a glance exactly what my range is, and is the charge cable plugged in and ready to charge, start and stop charging, turn on or turn off the environmental control system. That is not as clear now. Also the one button starts charging or stops charging without confirmation is just not really acceptable.

Possibly merge this thread and the one created earlier today: http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25192

OP, you may wish to leave a review in the App Store or Play Store. But, who knows if Nissan or the actual developers actually pay much attention to any feedback there?

It's not like the Carwings app changed all that much during the time I began using it in late July 2013? I only recall 1 major change to the UI. The look of the app was changed in a big way and a whole bunch of functionality (which I don't use anyway) was added.

I got the new app to turn climate control on and off for my 2017 Leaf. Trying to get it to work with Alexa. No luck yet. This page gives me some commands to try with Alexa.

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/features-app/system-requirements/nissan-connect-ev

I can get Alexa to recognize some of the commands, but not complete the operation yet.

Still can't get the app to find my car even after a refresh.

Partly based on this thread, I have not updated my Leaf app yet...which is a pain, because I can't do an "update all".
I wish they had given it a new name to allow for the existence of both apps (new and old) simultaneously.

If you're having trouble connecting with the new app, re-login from the car's dash. Find your PIN and password on the app at Profile>PIN and Password. In the car, erase the password and reenter, then Sign In. The app is nice! I got it to remotely start climate control yesterday but haven't done much else. It connects much faster than the old app and much easier to use.

One problem I have with the app is my charge level says 121% (should be 100%). No matter the real charge level, the app reads about 20-25% higher than it should. Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Yeah I noticed mine said like 110% charge. What I find you need to do is log out and log back, kind of resets it.

Another thing I notice is the status plugged in charging cannot be correct. Again logging out and logging back in resets it.

I really dislike the new design. It doesn't do anything more than the old app; it's just more stylized. The old app had a better General display which showed that the car was plugged in charging show the 12 range bars as well as digits ( like the car dash display).

Two new issues popped up. It's no longer sending me text messages.

The biggest annoyances I have to log out and log back in to reset it, so it shows the status properly. I walked out the garage it's plugged in and charging and the app says it's not charging. Let's not a matter of just resubmitting to update. That's typical it only shows you the last time you updated status. Even after updating status it still shows the incorrect condition. So you have to log out and log back, seems to reset it. Also sometimes it shows more than 100% charge like 110%. I didn't have any of these problems with the old app.

Update a few hours LATER my phone went NUTS with text message chimes.... It was all the Nissan messages coming through at once. Their server or AT&T or someone must have been down for maintenance?

I did a log out/in on the app, but still wrong charge percent. Might try to log out/in on the car again. Thanks for the reply.

gmcjetpilot said:
Yeah I noticed mine said like 110% charge. What I find you need to do is log out and log back, kind of resets it.

Another thing I notice is the status plugged in charging cannot be correct. Again logging out and logging back in resets it.

This app was released too soon. It wasn't ready for prime-time as they were in a rush to release it before the 2018 models go on sale. Way too buggy.

Notifications settings inside this app won't save at all. Tried it both on my ipad and my iphone and neither saves.

Also, addition of Alexa skill is a nice to have, however unrealistic as you have to say quite wordy commands and she doesn't understand what you are saying 5 out of 6 tries. Much easier to just go to the car and press the stupid cancel schedule button.

Logging in/out of the car makes no sense: it shouldn't have anything to do with the app. If it's right via the web, then it's the app!

Back