NissanConnect EV update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

hey guys,

just got this e-mail. It has our classic Leaf on it, i wonder if this means the shitty NissanConnect app is going to become more functional? one can only hope.

ZlVIijd.png

the only red flag is that it might turn into subscription only, or maybe the old leaf in the picture is from the marketing people who dont know anything about the technical differences between new nissan remote connect systems and the one in our leafs.

Marko

Interesting that you got an email. Maybe that means it truly is coming soon. There is some more info on it in this thread. The new features sound great, but my big wish is for the existing features to work reliably.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=25144

I got a paper mailing. Thinking of the TCU "upgrade" problems, though, and the funny video of a Nissan Rep trying to get Alexa to activate her climate control, I think I'll wait for the 2018.

Could this be related to some sort of head unit upgrade? For the first time ever, I was alerted that my paired phone received a text message, it was read to me and then the text was displayed when I came to a stop.

Has this always been a feature?

Back