My neighbor just asked me ”Is that a manual?”

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had a co-worker ask if mine was an automatic. I suppose it is; it doens't need a clutch to engage it and it does have a "D" mode. I should have told him it's a CVT.

me "No it's all electric", them "Ya but how much gas does it use in a week? And you still have to change the oil to keep it running right?"

warrenc said:
I just had a co-worker ask if mine was an automatic. I suppose it is; it doens't need a clutch to engage it and it does have a "D" mode. I should have told him it's a CVT.

It's actually the opposite of a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). It's an NVT (Non-Variable Transmission).

Another good one is "how many cylinders?". Um, I guess the part of the motor that spins is cylindrical, so one?

You have manually switch from D : Day Mode to N : Night Mode...

However last time I tried... Night Mode didn't get me anywhere...

cars in the shop right now...

Bob said:
So why isn't it an automatic? There's nothing to maneuver.

Bob

Nothing to maneuver because there's no "transmission" in the common meaning of the word, so neither "automatic transmission", nor "manual transmission" apply. Just say it has a single-speed reduction gearbox and watch their eyes glaze over. :lol:

Back