2018 Leaf lease quotes

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerk

Just curious...

Has anyone got a lease quote out of the dealerships yet?

interested in knowing rates, residual values, admin fees etc... I know numbers might change slightly when it actually come time finalize the sale in Q1 next year, but at least gives me a base to go on to compare it to the e-golf before i make a decision...

Also, are there any indications that there might be a delay on delivery like they did for the e-golfs?

Thanks,

More interested in what's being offered as residual, and all fees,...

For example, VW tried quoting me for an extended warranty on a 3yr lease... I didn't ask for that... They also registered me for the globali theft deterrent system, they tried hidding that under a "registration" title, making it look legit... anyhow, i didn't ask for that... Then they also added a Ride Green Certificate, sounds like an EV green thing right? not exactly.. its essentially a tire warranty with nitrogen inflated tires, they even tried to convince me it was mandatory and included on all vehicles they sell (which is false if you look it up on OMVIC)... Close to 1600$ in hidden costs... On top of that... They tried to charge me $16.50 for tire stewardship fee, should be $3.30 per tire for Ontario... So they obviously included the spare tire, which the VW E-Golf does not have... I know its only $3.30, but at this point, its the principal...

Little things like that to watch out for, stealerships nickel and dime'ing you... It took me a while to do my research and figure all this out, if I were at the sales desk making the purchase, I wouldn't even have thought about it, or had time to research these fees and make the logical decision and decline them...

That's why I like to see quotes early on, even if the rates change monthly etc,... I can do my research on the fees and such, pop the numbers in a spreadsheet and do my cost analysis that way...

Any response you receive now would be pure conjecture. We can only assume, NMAC will treat leases the same (full fed credit as a down payment) very low "interest" rates (AKA Rent charge), etc.

All of this gives Nissan the advantage in an "even" situation especially against Kia which was a very close 2nd for me but the LEAF lease terms tipped the balance considerably.

But this is a different year, different car, etc. Hopefully the 2017's will go quickly and we can find out for real in a month or so

I hope so too...

I don't want to be pressured into the e-golf, I'd like to try both cars out and compare them side by side...

I'm a little concerned on the cargo capacity of the leaf vs the golf... I'm a musician and occasionaly have to lug around large guitar and bass cabinets to gigs and such...

but for the right price,... I may get swayed over regardless and make someone else carry my gear :)...

I loved my eGolf but it sits so low my body did not. There is really good deals now on the 2016 cars. I also loved the two Leaf's that I had. There is considerably more support here for them. I hold on to my cars usually around 2 years. I had to make an exception on the eGolf but I really had no choice and it cost me dearly on the trade.

I totaled my old Mercedes and the VW made sense at the time. I should be getting some money next month so it made sense to tap my reserve. A new car is not an emergency but I can replace the money soon. Again Mercedes is desperate for CARB credit. I leased a 49K car for 33K including the $7500.

Sorry to hear about e-golf being too low,... I did test drive a 2017 e-golf and loved it... but the 2018 leaf's look pretty promising, and they've been around for much longer... I keep reading on failures with car-net (not even available in Canada yet), and electrical failure stop errors, and charging cords not getting unlocked,... its making it look a little sketchy at this point and time and the Leaf seems to be a little more settled and had its bugs worked out over the years. Again, it's about cargo space for me... And lower the better when loading up music gear :)

Anyhow, just so happens I got a call from my Nissan dealership on my lunch break yesterday, they're finalizing a purchase order for me and said it should arrive between Jan/Feb...

They assured me my deposit is returnable which ever car I choose...

If anyone else has driven both cars please feel free to comment why you like one over the other... Even debating on a 2018 Bolt, if I have to sacrifice cargo room, might as well see how much more it would cost for 380km range EV instead...

Thanks,

Back