A sad goodby.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boba

I have nothing but good things to say about my 2015 leaf it was a lot of fun, and so reliable. I was really anxious to get a 2018 with a 60k battery but it didn't turn out that way. Since I am 85 and don't know how much longer I'll be able to drive (Doctor says it should be good into my '90s, but one never knows.) I traded the Leaf for a Chevy Bolt lease, which looks very good so far. Many thanks to all for all the good help and encouragement. In 39 months I'll check out the Leaf again.

Congrats on the Bolt. Would be interesting a Bolt review from former Leaf owner. Hopefully you can get a car that is driverless on the freeways when your Bolt lease expires.

1) Sorry to see your Leaf go...
2) Congrats on the new Bolt!
3) Double congrats on the positive info from your Doc!

Congrats Boba! Nice choice with the Bolt. It looks like GM really delivered on the promise of the Bolt. I think you will be impressed.

I plan to be back in a few weeks with a report on the Bolt. It is a Premier with all the bells and whistles except for their version of Pilot so the report should be comprehensive. It was a real thrill on Sunday to make the 170 mile round trip to the South Portland EV rally and still have nearly 100 miles left at the end. Love the many safety items. Don't change lanes, there is a car in your blind spot. Don't back out, there is a pedestrian headed your way. Don' t back any further you are too close to an object. etc. The Bolt does not take over the car but uses visual and audio warnings.

I told the Nissan dealer at the rally my woes about the 40k battery and he said that Nissan is targeting a different market.

The rumors out of Japan were that Nissan has issues with the charging rates related to capacity and they want to bump the charging rate, but feel that there needs to be infrastructure to support the much higher charging rates in order to make the user experience better for the larger capacity battery. That is all fine, but it leaves them sitting in an awkward place until they sort that out and can bring a car that is going to stay in the competition with it's competitors.

Unless they get real aggressive with the pricing on the updated Leaf I think they will lose market share with this car. I hope I am wrong.

That would be wonderful to be able to do longer distance trips without worrying where are you going to charge. And one day there will be enough infrastructure for everything not a Tesla can hop in a EV and do a cross country trip and be no more inconvenienced than you would be in a petrol fuel car. Hopefully we see the adoption accelerate soon so all these teething pains of early adopters is a thing of the past. I love my Leaf and if there was that kind of infrastructure even a short range EV would be doable. So we need that infrastructure to be built.

Keep us posted on your Bolt experiences. I think a lot of people are looking at the Bolt now that the updated Leaf has been revealed and is a bit disappointing.

boba said:
I have nothing but good things to say about my 2015 leaf it was a lot of fun, and so reliable. I was really anxious to get a 2018 with a 60k battery but it didn't turn out that way. Since I am 85 and don't know how much longer I'll be able to drive (Doctor says it should be good into my '90s, but one never knows.) I traded the Leaf for a Chevy Bolt lease, which looks very good so far. Many thanks to all for all the good help and encouragement. In 39 months I'll check out the Leaf again.

I have never seen any of your post, but would like to congratulate you on your adventurousness to get a Leaf, as more mature people are wary of new technology.

I have always thought that the Leaf is a PERFECT car for retired persons, on a fixed budget. I believe that, especially for a retired person, the Leaf is great in that there is no maintenance for mechanics to charge high prices, and the overall operating costs are minimal. being that you have spent 2-3 years with a Leaf, would you recommend that Nissan market the Leaf more to mature, older persons that are not inclined to know about car repairs and maintenance??

Thank you and good luck with your Bolt.... Remember not to drive too fast and get tickets, as the car is very fast!!!

Back