"Pulled Over" this morning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyguy

I was running late this morning, bad accident on the 5. I needed to go to the bank and the post office before work. I pulled up to the front of the bank and went in, came out and noticed a police car in the driveway at the bank just sitting. I pulled out and went up the street to the post office, made a left into the lot and the lot was full. I decided to park on a small siding in the alley (never sure if this was a legal place to park). As I was backing up the police car pulled up next to me and rolled down his window. I rolled mine down, he says "you lost your exhaust pipe back there on Olive" , cool! He then asked if he could check out the car.
Spent about 20 minutes with him, he checked it out, wants one for his wife to drive. Many people walked by while he was checking out the drivers seat and back seats and hatch. Everyone probably thought I was being searched for something. Lucky I did not recognize anybody. So I guess I have been officially pulled over in my Leaf. :D

hobbyguy said:
I was running late this morning, bad accident on the 5. I needed to go to the bank and the post office before work. I pulled up to the front of the bank and went in, came out and noticed a police car in the driveway at the bank just sitting. I pulled out and went up the street to the post office, made a left into the lot and the lot was full. I decided to park on a small siding in the alley (never sure if this was a legal place to park). As I was backing up the police car pulled up next to me and rolled down his window. I rolled mine down, he says "you lost your exhaust pipe back there on Olive" , cool! He then asked if he could check out the car.
Spent about 20 minutes with him, he checked it out, wants one for his wife to drive. Many people walked by while he was checking out the drivers seat and back seats and hatch. Everyone probably thought I was being searched for something. Lucky I did not recognize anybody. So I guess I have been officially pulled over in my Leaf. :D

Great story! The outcome beats most other "pulled over" stories!! :mrgreen:

Awesome! Similar thing happened to me in my smart car, but the CHP officer on I-5 actually gave me a ticket. He admitted he wanted to check out my car, but I was speeding (I could see the speed limit sign increase from where I was, but it technically hadn't increased yet).

pksd1 said:
Very cool storie. I guess there aren't going to be too many Leafs getting pulled over for speeding, I might get a ticket for going too slow though :eek:

I'm not so sure of that. Given cinmar's experience, I wonder if the fact that she was in a Smart car that the officer was curious about AND she was speeding got her pulled over. The take home lesson for me is to be even more careful when driving the LEAF, at least until there are enough of them out there that they are not an unusual "sighting".

A good thing to do, if you are not on any "wanted" posters or lists, is call your Police or Highway Patrol office and offer to come down (if they would like, and when it would be best for everybody) and let their officers see a LEAF and learn about it first hand.

Back