What is A mode?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groingo

2014 Leaf but am finding no info on "A" driving mode.
While in Eco mode it shows B mode but if I touch the Trip button I can switch between A and B mode while still in Eco mode.
Same thing can be do while not in Eco mode....I can switch from A to B modes.
A mode has very little regen while B mode increases regen by 50% both in or out of Eco mode.
Dealer doesn't have a clue.

groingo said:
While in Eco mode it shows B mode but if I touch the Trip button I can switch between A and B mode while still in Eco mode.
A mode has very little regen while B mode increases regen by 50% both in or out of Eco mode.

Dunno, probably just another bell or whistle Nissan wanted to WOW us with!

John Kuthe...

groingo said:
I'm not sure what you are asking. Yes, you can be in D (drive) mode or B (brake) mode. Yes, they have the difference you state. Yes, you can go into ECO mode to increase regenerative braking and reduce power output of the electric motor. Yes, you can go into ECO and B mode for most aggressive regenerative braking and the other power saving actions of ECO mode. On the other hand, pushing the "trip" button selects between the 2 trip odometers, which are labeled "A" and "B".

The A and B are not modes, they are your A and B trip odometers. You should notice that when showing either that there is a milage right beside them.

Press and hold the trip button and which ever odometer is showing will reset to 0.

That is what I originally thought until it shows up in Eco mode and if switched on the fly it does effect Regen level, also if you in non Eco mode and switch A to B it also changes Regen.

Switching A to B with the trip odometer has no effect on regen mode. It is just a trip odometer display.

Switching from D to B (and entirely different B, much larger) using your shifter in the centre console DOES affect regen mode. This B is for Braking.

58433241.jpg

Couldn't resist :)

Back