is there a way to charge at the same time every night?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloradotim

Our utility company is starting a new rate plan where they charge less for electricity between 9 pm and 9 am. We are switching to this new plan tomorrow.

Is there a way to automatically charge a Leaf at a set time each day (say 9:05 pm)? Or do I need to manually start the charging at off peak times?

I looked at the Nissan Connect app and didn't see a way to setup a "charge at this time of day" command.

If you have a LEAF SV or SL, you can set the charging timer on the center screen to start (and end) when you want. If you have a LEAF S, then you set the end time for charging on the driver's display.

If your just charging off 110 I just use a eight dollar timer with ground plug that can be gotten from any hardware store.

IF one uses 110V he/she wastes 20% electricity to overhead losses (losses during charging).
This breaks the point of saving on pennies.
People, charge at 3kW rate for optimum results.

groingo said:
If your just charging off 110 I just use a eight dollar timer with ground plug that can be gotten from any hardware store.
I wouldn't do that. The build quality of these things might be questionable and result in a melted plug, timer or fire.

Light loads like a few hundred watts (at most) of lamps are fine but 12 amp load (~1440 watts) continuous for many hours straight unattended I wouldn't do on a cheap timer.

Back