Dealer Good discounts Leaf 1st generation in Florida?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wreneochoa

Hi,

Taking into account the 2nd generation release coming soon, I was wondering if anyone knows any good dealer discount for a new 2017 nissan Leaf 1st generation in Florida. Thanks in advance

Wilmar

Florida is a pretty big state - 832 miles from Pensacola to Key West. Would you like to narrow it down a little?

I'm very pleased with the deal I got from Lokey in Clearwater. The Duke Energy $10,000 credit is a real thing (see below) and the dealer discount the car by about $3,000 as well.

https://electrek.co/2017/04/14/nissan-leaf-discounting/

Hi LoLRick,

Actually I´d go further 837 miles. I live in Colombia (SouthAmerica) and I would travel +1500 miles from Bogota to Miami to buy it, I do really want to be a Nissan leaf owner... I need a new Leaf 2017, due my local import regulations. Then I´d travel if I could find a good deal, as you mentioned with Duke :) . I asked Florida because I have relatives in Miami and Orlando and it´s easier for me.

I read the electrek article, however sadly I´m not a Duke Energy customer. Based in your experience, do you think Nissan would extend the discount to not Duke customers as their close out sale? Any other insight would be appreciated.

Wilmar

The dealer required a copy of my power bill and a printed copy of the flyer before they would finalize the deal, so I don't think you could get it. However, I have seen other 2017s advertised on cars.com for up to $8900 off sticker. So I would suggest shopping there. Some of the dealers just quote sticker, but some of them show a discounted price. The standard car buying tricks apply - wait until the end of the month, wait until the end of the model year. With the new longer range Leaf supposedly coming in September, the dealers should be scrambling to get rid of the old ones in July and August. Another trick that we used was to go in just before closing time. We didn't finish up until 10:10 on Friday night. I think the business manager agreed to the last bit of negotiation just so he could go home!

Hi LoLRick,

As advised, I asked for quotes and the best internet quote I got has a discount of $8,500. However taxes (in Miami), new tag (not transfer one) and dealer fees add $3,400.

Based in your last purchasing : how do they like these additional costs ? Is there any additional hidden cost they can add later?

Applying Nissan/dealer discounts: Taxes are based on net pricing (After apply discounts)?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Wilmar

LoLRick said:
Florida is a pretty big state - 832 miles from Pensacola to Key West. Would you like to narrow it down a little?

I'm very pleased with the deal I got from Lokey in Clearwater. The Duke Energy $10,000 credit is a real thing (see below) and the dealer discount the car by about $3,000 as well.

https://electrek.co/2017/04/14/nissan-leaf-discounting/

Ha, Lokey strikes again. We picked up our CPO '16 30Kwh Leaf for $14k out the door..... only had 93 miles on it.

What I need to do is call my power company and see if there are any incentives to charging at home.

Back