Poll : How old are you - Take II

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age is ...

• 35 - 39

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • 30 - 34

Votes: 73 10.9%
  • <30

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 40 - 44

Votes: 95 14.2%
  • 45 - 49

Votes: 94 14.1%
  • 50 - 54

Votes: 89 13.3%
  • 55 - 59

Votes: 76 11.4%
  • 60 - 64

Votes: 52 7.8%
  • 65 - 69

Votes: 31 4.6%
  • >69

Votes: 21 3.1%

• Total voters

evnow

Yes, what is your age ?

Here is the link to the first poll.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=595

Code:
18-30   12%  [ 8 ] 
31-40   19%  [ 13 ] 
41-50   29%  [ 20 ]
51-60   23%  [ 16 ] 
>60   17%  [ 12 ] 

Total votes : 69

Maybe we should also have a poll asking how old you were when you took delivery of your Leaf and how old you were when you got your first highway capable EV. Those answers would be very different for me ;) (42 & 29)

Spies said:
Maybe we should also have a poll asking how old you were when you took delivery of your Leaf and how old you were when you got your first highway capable EV. Those answers would be very different for me ;) (42 & 29)

Oh, While I was reading this I laughed because I thought you were going to say we should have a poll asking how old you were when you took delivery and how older you were when you placed your order. :mrgreen:

turbo2ltr said:
Spies said:

Oh, While I was reading this I laughed because I thought you were going to say we should have a poll asking how old you were when you took delivery and how older you were when you placed your order. :mrgreen:

I thought the same thing!!! :lol:

Jimmydreams said:
turbo2ltr said:
Spies said:

I thought the same thing!!! :lol:
That is what I get for trying to be cleaver! :D I suppose what you guys were thinking is much funnier. Still its been a long time coming for a highway capable family EV from a major manufacture to be available again for purchase. I am pretty sure the last one was the Toyota RAV4 EV last sold in 2002 if you could even find one.

Spies said:
Well, I guess I could say I was about 60 when I first dreamed of getting an EV-1. But my wife convinced me we couldn't afford it and it was totally impractical. How could we do anything with the grandkids?

Someone had asked for a fresh poll with more granular choices. That is the motivation for this poll.

I'm a year older since I reserved my Leaf, and I'd be 1 or 2 years older before I could get it.
I've been driving Priu since 2001, 10 years now, probably will be a Chevy Volt or a Ford Focus EV more likely than a Leaf at this point. and, I'm old @ 51 now as well :(

If this shows anything, the fairly equal age distribution demonstrates that the LEAF is a car desired by and suitable for people at any age :)

Since our son (the youngest LEAF owner?) will be the co-owner and primary driver ... I answered with his age (19). To avoid confusion ( I hope ), I will continue to refer to it as "my" or "our" car. Not yet sure whether he will be an active participant on this forum; if not, I will be refering to "my" or "our" drive experiences. CarWings data will most likely continue to be listed under my screenname (again to avoid confusion or mix-up with order/delivery/etc events reported so far).

I will get to borrow it (frequently?) ...

If I wasn't so close to my Leaf delivery date, I would likely change direction and order a Volt.
The more I drive my neighbors, the more impressed I am with it and the more I like it

mitch672 said:
I've been driving Priu since 2001, 10 years now, probably will be a Chevy Volt or a Ford Focus EV more likely than a Leaf at this point.

mogur said:
If I wasn't so close to my Leaf delivery date, I would likely change direction and order a Volt.
The more I drive my neighbors, the more impressed I am with it and the more I like it

I get the attraction, though I'm excited for my LEAF and still skeptical about the complexity of the Volt, GM's record on quality, and the low comparative mpg figures when on generator. But if you were to try to reserve a Volt now, how soon do you think you could get one, here in CA?

Looking at the numbers there's a pretty normal "curve" peaking at the 50-54 age. The only anomaly is the 30-34 spike. It makes me wonder if the curve is representational of Leaf orders and the 30-34 spike is due to internet usage tending towards the younger demographic. Although most likely it's just that our numbers are too small to make any meaning of the data.

mogur said:

mitch672 said:
I've been driving Priu since 2001, 10 years now, probably will be a Chevy Volt or a Ford Focus EV more likely than a Leaf at this point.

Of course your feelings may change when you finally get your hands on the LEAF. :)

Back