Speed Limit Indicator on Map

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbmania

The Speed Limit Indicator on Map option is currently set to "on" in my 2013 nav settings. However, I never see the speed limit on the map. This is true whether or not I'm using a route or not. I thought it was possible to see the speed limited on the nav screen for the 2013MY. I know it works on my mom's 2016 leaf. Either there is some other option preventing it from popping up or this feature does something else. Any ideas?

Hi,

Sorry to be so vague but I can't recall exactly what I did to make mine work. Try different zoom levels and/or change view options in map. Mine didn't show for the first year or so but I did something with the menu that made it show up.

JR

On my eGolf the speed is really out of date. Maybe it was accurate when issued but many roads are slower than listed. I view it as as an aid but not an absolute. For sure it is not an accepticle excuse if you get pulled over.You need to pay attention to the limit signs.

That is one upgrade I'm looking forward to with ProPilot; the Leaf being able to read speed limit signs. I've gotten really close to pulling the trigger on buying a Mobileye dash unit primarily for that feature. There are many roads around here that Garmin is useless on and the way Waze's road segments match up with the signs makes it unreliable, too.

Unless you have a Leaf S the nav unit is a part of the car controls so you can not upgrade it. It is lucky I like my eGolf's sound since the only changes are to the speakers.

On both Leaf's I put Infinity speakers and Ingineers sound dread material. On my second Leaf I put the front speakers in the rear. The changes satisfied me but I am happy with my stock eGolf SEL sound.

GlennD said:
Unless you have a Leaf S the nav unit is a part of the car controls so you can not upgrade it. It is lucky I like my eGolf's sound since the only changes are to the speakers.

On both Leaf's I put Infinity speakers and Ingineers sound dead material. On my second Leaf I put the front speakers in the rear. The changes satisfied me but I am happy with my stock eGolf SEL sound.

Back