Dallas Used Leafs Lizzard Needed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kieranmullen

Convinced my brother to buy a used leaf as a second vehicle. I am in the Northwest, He is in Spring Hill Texas Which is Near Dallas.

Looked at 4 dealers and only 1 had a used leaf.

For that zone lizard needed? It doesn't seem to be. So now just looking for deals. Carmax seems to have some for sale.

They seem to have plenty of recharge sites there so one would think the market is good.

I'd strongly recommend a Leaf with the Lizard pack for anywhere in Texas. And he should know that it will still degrade fairly fast if the pack stays hot for days at a time.

After getting hit pretty bad with hail a while back he is pretty keep in garaging everything. Something under 10K but if Lizard only then that pretty much limits it down to 2015 models.

LeftieBiker said:
I'd strongly recommend a Leaf with the Lizard pack for anywhere in Texas. And he should know that it will still degrade fairly fast if the pack stays hot for days at a time.

Please proofread your posts a bit - it's hard to understand them. Anyway, a 2014 Leaf with a build date of...October 2014 or later?...will also have the Lizard pack. If he has an air-conditioned garage then a non-lizard pack might work, provided it was built after March of 2013.

Your brother will definitely need a lizard battery in the DFW area. Even then, he's going to have some degradation.

If the market is that weak in Dallas, it would be worth his time to buy in Houston. Mossy Nissan has a few 2015 S models for around $12k or under. Under 1,000 miles and over two years left on primary warranty. Well they did when I checked last week anyway. They also had a couple of SV models and an SL but the prices were higher on those.

Back