Battery Help Needed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmieJo

Help! My Leaf has 59,600 miles on it. I have 9 bars of battery left but when I divide range by m/kwh I am at about 66% and my range is about 66% of what it was when it was new. Has anyone had any luck getting them to replace batteries that still show 9 bars? I'm going to be really upset if I get to 60,001 and that last bar drops off. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer on Fri. Thanks!

CarmieJo said:
Help! My Leaf has 59,600 miles on it. I have 9 bars of battery left but when I divide range by m/kwh I am at about 66% and my range is about 66% of what it was when it was new. Has anyone had any luck getting them to replace batteries that still show 9 bars? I'm going to be really upset if I get to 60,001 and that last bar drops off. I have an appointment to take it to the dealer on Fri. Thanks!

Since you are close on miles but not on time to the end of the battery warranty, I suggest you use the car, if possible, only for trips that will strain the pack. Keep it parked in the sun with a 100% charge the rest of the time. DO NOT let the odometer hit 60000 miles, then have it towed, if necessary to the dealer, if it does.

Back