When your LEAF drops to eight bars...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn77

I posted this celebratory post: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22389, but I thought it was important to create a new post to note a couple things to other LEAF owners who may also have the drop:

1. When your capacity shows eight bars, you'll need to schedule an appointment with your Nissan dealer to "run tests and verify" that it is truly eight bars. They don't just look at your dashboard; they run tests.
  2. You need to get this appointment scheduled BEFORE YOUR CUTOFF DATE (and presumably before the mileage cutoff) or it will not be honored

#2 is an important point... my car hit eight bars with 12 days left; I scheduled as early as possible at my local dealer, 5 days later. I asked them "what if you didn't have a slot available until [the day after the five-year cutoff]?" and they told me that I would be "out of luck." So even though the failure clearly occurred before five years, it needs to be VERIFIED BY NISSAN before five years.

Just throwing this out there so if you're close to the cutoff, you'll know to call your dealer right away, and/or find other dealers who can help you.

tn77 said:
.. I asked them "what if you didn't have a slot available until [the day after the five-year cutoff]?" and they told me that I would be "out of luck." So even though the failure clearly occurred before five years, it needs to be VERIFIED BY NISSAN before five years. ...
Good advice, but if any dealer tried to tell me they didn't have a slot before my warranty was up, I'd simply bring it in immediately and sit in their driveway until they took my car in. Them refusing to check the car is NOT an option!

tn77 said:
I asked them "what if you didn't have a slot available until [the day after the five-year cutoff]?" and they told me that I would be "out of luck."

I think I would be calling the Nissan Leaf Hotline at that point. Parking the Leaf so it blocks their driveway is Option #2 if that doesn't work.

Back