Vin Lookup for warranty expiration dates?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tandemrider

I am looking to buy a used Leaf and have no problem finding or getting the VIN but some sellers are not sure of warranty expiration date. I know that I can call the service shop of my nearby dealer. Is there a URL where one can enter the VIN and get warranty info?

It s a bit of a pain to call the service department. The main operator transferred me to service receptionist who put me on hold while she asked a service representative to look it up. They got back to me with a month and year but no day of the month. I asked for the day of the month and the original representative was now with a customer. Put back on hold again while she looked for new service representative to look it up again.

I was told by one seller that the carfax report only lists a range of dates for the powertrain warranty expiration.

Is there an easier way to find and or verify this info?

The date on the placard is month and year of production, but the warranty expiration is based on the in service date. Carfax can give you that.

Call 1-877-NO-GAS-EV, the Nissan EV support line. They gave me the in-service date while on the call with no questions asked. If this is a 2011/2012 Leaf you may want to ask if there is any battery warranty exclusions at the same time. Carfax is imprecise, there are a couple of dates reported like first odometer reading and vehicle sold, but while they should be close they may be off.

Back