How to check for P3227 reprogram?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacktar

Hi all - In my search for first Leaf I want to make sure the one I buy has high chance for battery replacement under warranty.

I understand that part of the Nissan service process to check battery for warranty replacement involved a software update known as P3227 that reprograms the Leaf Computer, and that frequently that will also increase the bars. I have been trying to figure out how to check a vehicle to determine if the upgrade has been done, and I came across this...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1073276_nissan-leaf-software-update-heres-whats-different

which appears to indicate that part of the upgrade includes a new door double chime if the driver door is opened while vehicle not in park. Does anyone know if this is a good indicator for the P3227 update?

Jacktar
Soon to be owner of 2011 leaf with OCT2011 in service date, 55K miles, and 8 bars.

jacktar said:
... appears to indicate that part of the upgrade includes a new door double chime if the driver door is opened while vehicle not in park. Does anyone know if this is a good indicator for the P3227 update?

One of the first 2011 LEAF software changes added a door chime.
I'm guessing the LEAF in question had not had that done yet, and the technician implemented both that and P3227.

The only certain way to know if P3227 has been done is to look in the dealer's service software using the VIN #.

TimLee - Thanks, hadn't considered two patches at once, and that makes sense.

I was looking for another way to verify because dealer service departments (and Nissan EV phone) are not reachable on Sunday or national holiday like the 4th.

Oh well, I bought the car anyway, so will find out this week whether my battery qualifies under warranty or not.

caederus said:
We now know how to read the software version of various CAN-bus ECUs using the OBD port, so I should think it will be possible to work it out from one of these values. http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=11676&start=130#p463562

It appears that it is possible; the service bulletin lists which charger "part numbers" are applicable to the upgrade:
3NA0A, 3NA1A, 3NA2A, 3NA3A, 3NA4A, 3NA5A, 3NA6A, 3NA4E
and the "ECU version" shown on LeafSpy for my car is 3NA7A, which looks like a later revision.

The campaign finder @nissan.com lists no P2337 campaign for my car either, so both seem to concur that the update is already done on my LEAF.

Back