How Long Have You Had A Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 years in two weeks. 65644 miles 10 bars SOH 78% Hx 59.49. In addition we leased a 2012 than a 2015. Close to 110,000 electric miles overall. Trouble free, just tires, cabin filter, wipers. We plan to buy electric only going forward. Still the first manufacturer that gives me the easy option of ICE gen trailer in a common standard interface has my money. The ICE gen trailer will be used as a standby gen when not on the road. Or I would rent one.

Five years on July 1, 2016.

Currently 3 bars lost, ~45 AHr.
Not going to lose the 4th bar by July. :-(

Hello,
5 years, 3 months, 8 days, 51k+ miles, 11 bars, AH 52.13 @ 79%, full charge range = 83 on the GOM. Was 108 when new.
Actually, the history is in my signature.

Don

4 1/2 years (delivered end of December 2011; MY 2012 w/cold weather package); almost 40K miles; 1 bar lost -- now that temps are 'moderate' back up over 5 miles/kWh on average -- Midwest climate helps a bit with a slower battery degradation but no 'free' battery expectations before it hits the 5 year mark later this year ...

4 years / 2 months, 38k miles
11 capacity bars showing (no leafspy)

I had originally leased the car, but bought it out when Nissan offered $5k off the residual (they were way to high in 2012, Nissan has "fixed" that now). I'm hanging onto it until an affordable long-range EV comes along that moves me. Who knows, could be the Leaf 2.0.

Nfuzzy said:
Just a month and a half shy of 2 years now. Love it. Last I checked still at 99% SOH. 21.5k miles.
99%SOH :? do you mean it still charges to 99% or are you talking SOH? If SOH what is your charging routine? 99% SOH seems extremely high for all but a brand new Leaf, I mean I think I baby my Leaf(which is basically the same year and mileage as yours) and my SOH last I checked was 88% and I use the 80% charge option almost all the time and only occasionally top to 100% to balance the cells or if I have a 70+ mile day planned. Like you I also live in a cooler climate, most of the time 4 temp bars with 5 in the summer, I'm jealous if your SOH is 99% :)

57 Months, 2 battery packs, and counting. Still @281 GIDs & 66.14 AHr, but it hasn't really got hot yet in Texas this year.

Back