Lights on During the Day

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

We have a "safety corridor" on the highway near us. When driving on that five-mile stretch, the headlights must be on.

I put the running lights on today (hoping that's enough to satisfy CHP), but the LEAF drastically reduces the display brightness when those are on. Is there any way to override that?

When you say "running lights" are you talking about the headlights themselves, or just the parking lights? The latter won't be enough to satisfy the law if you are driving in a mandatory "Daylight Headlight" usage stretch of roadway. In fact it is also illegal to use them by themselves at any time (California Vehicle Code section 24800).

PianoAl said:
We have a "safety corridor" on the highway near us. When driving on that five-mile stretch, the headlights must be on.

I put the running lights on today (hoping that's enough to satisfy CHP), but the LEAF drastically reduces the display brightness when those are on. Is there any way to override that?

your settings has two brightness options; day and night. turn on the lights then go to settings and max it out. you will not like it when its really dark but at least it will work for the time being. personally I don't see seeing the display well for 5 mins is worth it....

Good info on the parking lights. I'll use full headlights from now on.

Your suggestions worked, thanks.

Back