Will This Spare Tire Work on 2016 Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

[UPDATE: This worked and saved me today. See post of 2/2/2019.]

Will this one work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-2016-NISSAN-ALTIMA-SPARE-TIRE-WHEEL-DONUT-135-90-16-16-SPARE-/252380123951?hash=item3ac307132f:g:HYQAAOxywXFScbsw&vxp=mtr

And will it work on both the front and rear?

If not, what year Altima tire should I get?

Thanks.

During my lunch break I borrowed someone's spare out of their trunk... it was a 2013 Nissan Altima. the tire size was a 135/70R16. I successfully mounted it on the rear of my 2016 Leaf SL. Lug holes lined up and it didn't rub when I spun it. I put their spare back in their car before they knew what was going on, and I just ordered one from a local junk yard. So that should fit your vehicle.

PianoAl said:
But I've heard that it won't work on the front.

I have heard that also.. I have my spare wheel in my possession now and will get to it tomorrow night. I will take pics and report my results as to the front tire location fitment.

Parts007 said:
PianoAl said:
But I've heard that it won't work on the front.

I have heard that also.. I have my spare wheel in my possession now and will get to it tomorrow night. I will take pics and report my results as to the front tire location fitment.

What's the verdict? And is it a "donut" (small) spare?

Mission was a success. The 16" spare tire from that 2013 Altima fit the front wheel position of my 2016 SL with 17" wheels. It cleared the front caliper by 1/2" in its tightest spot. I will post pics in a bit.

Parts007 said:
Mission was a success. The 16" spare tire from that 2013 Altima fit the front wheel position of my 2016 SL with 17" wheels. It cleared the front caliper by 1/2" in its tightest spot. I will post pics in a bit.

Great. Thanks for the info.

Here's a reply to my question on eBay:

9HSexEq.jpg

It refers to setting a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) or codes in the LEAF's various control modules. The different tire sizes might trigger trouble codes associated with the stability control and/or antilock brake systems, but not likely. Since the spare does not have a tire pressure sensor, it will cause a trouble indication with the tire pressure monitor system if you drive it far enough (not an issue because the error will clear once the properly-inflated road wheel is reinstalled and car is driven a few miles).

Gerry

Spare tire just installed up under the vehicle. Mounted successfully even with a hitch installed. Pictures on my Instagram account previously mentioned on this thread.

Next step is the hinge in the under panel and a jack..

Thanks to this forum and it's participants for teaching this newbie how.. just hit 1000 miles today!

Yay! This spare tire saved me today. I had a blowout. I put the spare on the front driver's side, pumped it up to 60 psi with the Nissan inflator, and drove 25 miles to a tire place.

There was a 4" gash in the sidewall of the damaged tire--I was driving on the rim. The kit they supply with the car would not have worked.

Thanks to all of you!

Because of leftiebiker I got a mid 2000s altima spare and is that exact same size as the op.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12803&start=30

It will probably fit on the rear. I purchased a 5mm spacer for the front to clear the caliper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-WHEEL-SPACERS-5MM-OR-3-16-FITS-ALL-5X100-5X108-5X112-5X114-3-5X115-5X120/172384871911?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Back