Replacement Battery Warranty

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chouchou

Does anybody know what the warranty is on:

a battery replaced under warranty
a battery bought new by the owner, and
a repaired battery by Nissan.

Based on my experience with consumer warranties it would appear unlikely Nissan would offer the original battery warranty, perhaps I am wrong. I have searched the forum and have not managed to find an answer.

John

For any battery repaired/replaced under warranty, it has to keep at least 9 bars until 5 year/60,000 miles from original date of sale of the vehicle. I believe that a battery that is purchased would have a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty starting from the date of purchase of the battery, but don't have a ready reference at hand.

Stoaty is correct. The disclosure form is posted in the links on this post as well as more information: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=14102&start=580#p438439

Stoaty said:
For any battery repaired/replaced under warranty, it has to keep at least 9 bars until 5 year/60,000 miles from original date of sale of the vehicle. I believe that a battery that is purchased would have a 5 year/60,000 mile warranty starting from the date of purchase of the battery, but don't have a ready reference at hand.

Back