jaliu98
Delivery Date: 25 Apr 2015
Leaf Number: 327346

Re: The official "I got my Leaf" thread

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Let me share my 2018 SL purchasing experience... I was made to believe that the dealership network has the vehicle and I can have the car the next day or "so". So I signed the lease agreement and start paying for the vehicle. This was on 3/6. I've given multiple excuses and lies since then. Today now they are telling me truck might broke down, the car may be here Wednesday"ish". Should I tolerate this behavior? :cry:

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Check the fine print on the lease. If there is nothing about delays being allowed, demand a refund of lease payments made before delivery. If you are very unhappy, go for the lease being cancelled.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

kennethbokor
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 May 2018

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:23 am

Yes, that is not very cool of the dealer to do that. As said, if you are unhappy simply cancel the deal and walk away. Get whatever monies you put down back. You've not taken delivery of it yet so you should be able to walk away. If they hassle you on this, speak to the General Manager and if that does not work, contact Nissan USA Customer Care/Support and see what they tell you.

I know in my dealers case here outside Toronto, he was upfront with delivery ETA's telling me 3 months. He did tell me that if it did not come within 90 days that I could cancel the deal, however I'm not in a rush so I am expecting it to come later in June.

Hope it works out for you ok.
---------
New Leaf Owner: Just ordered Feb 24 2018, 2018 Leaf SL in Jade Frost. Expected ETA by May 30 2018.

jaliu98

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

Called Nissan Lease department: 1-800-778-4211 and to my surprise, they cannot prorate the monthly payment to take out the days I do not own the car. It's been almost a week. What really piss me off, someone at that same Dealership fraud my signature on the delivery acceptance doc over this past weekend saying I already took delivery of the vehicle. Can I still walk away, or should I call my lawyer?

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:58 pm

jaliu98 wrote:Called Nissan Lease department: 1-800-778-4211 and to my surprise, they cannot prorate the monthly payment to take out the days I do not own the car. It's been almost a week. What really piss me off, someone at that same Dealership fraud my signature on the delivery acceptance doc over this past weekend saying I already took delivery of the vehicle. Can I still walk away, or should I call my lawyer?

If the signature doesn't even look like yours, I'd threaten legal action and walk away. If it's a good forgery your options get more complicated.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

jaliu98

Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Yep I challenged this document and they admitted in an email that someone signed for me and yes that signature is no way near mine.

Hellacool
Delivery Date: 12 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 303995

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 am

First post, lost one, gained one. Purchased my 2015 last year. Got a fantastic deal. Bought it almost on a whim, was not sure an EV for around town was the right answer but at $9k on an SV with 13.5K miles it was worth a shot. Proved to be the most used car I have (I own two gas guzzlers which prompted this purchase) and proved popular. Fast forward one year exactly and it was totaled. Got t-boned and the car was a total loss. No real injuries, just bumps and bruises, Leaf took it like a champion. Took ownership Monday of a 2018 Leaf SL, loaded. So far this new Leaf is fantastic. Still figuring everything out.

DavidGA
Delivery Date: 14 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 304052

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:21 am

Picked up my 2018 SL on Wednesday, my first ever Leaf. (And, my first ever car.)

I would have received it earlier but apparently non-two-tone white models are in short supply.

Had to spend a couple of hours talking to NissanConnect's support before I could get that to work, but otherwise, it's been great. I don't have a 240v socket installed yet so I'm limited to trickle-charging, but even that isn't a huge problem.

kennethbokor
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 May 2018

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:24 am

Awesome congrats!
---------
New Leaf Owner: Just ordered Feb 24 2018, 2018 Leaf SL in Jade Frost. Expected ETA by May 30 2018.

rparry51
Delivery Date: 15 Mar 2018
Leaf Number: 301553

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

I finally received my 2018 Leaf. My dealer traded for a Leaf with a dealer in Kamloops BC. The car that I ordered, a white SV was not going to be available until at least May and maybe even late June. So when this Red SL came available and I happen to be there to ask where was my car, I jumped at it.

My salesman said he was told the delays are due to greater demand then Nissan expected. He told me Nissan was expecting about 2500 preorders before the start of production and made plans for that. Apparently there were 2500 preorders in Canada with 25,000 in the US. Take it for what you will, but they have been straight with me so far. If those orders are real than there will be a lot of Leaf’s on the road by the end of the year.

I LOVE the car. It is everything I had hoped. I actually prefer the Red colour, it is really classy. Having read just about everything there has been written since the I ordered the car in November, I do not have a problem with any of the complaints that reviewers have mentioned,

The maximum range I have not put to the test, but the range seems to be almost exactly the same as my motorcycle. My guess is the car will out do the bike in town and fall a bit short on the highway.

I will post more as I get more time with the car. It took most of Thursday to arrange the sale and insure the car. I work for the next 4 days so will give it a work out next week.

rparry

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”