Collapsible Wheelchair

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one from harbor freight works for sure. But if the user is heavy, the front caster support may bend when pushing user over humps. They sell for about $105 after applying the 20% ad discount.

The current specially designed wheelchair for my son was several thousand dollars, but I still have to take main wheels off first, then fold to more easily fit it in back. I actually took his first wheelchair down to the dealers to see if/how it would fit before making the decision to buy the Leaf back in June 2011.

If you can give anymore specifics about the chairs special needs I can get back to you. My lady is an Occupational Therapist and may have more suggestions. When I bought the one from Harbor Freight, she exclaimed that their was a better (transport) wheelchair for about the same money! OK, she said: Target, Walmart, Active Forever.com (she says is best), maybe Walgreens and more.

Jim,

I thin the one you want is not technically called a wheelchair--but I can't think of the correct name. It has handles that are hinged and fold down. I haven't put one in a Leaf but I have used one with some small Korean cars.

Try "transport" wheelchairs.

Paul

My Dad ended up getting this Medline Transport Wheelchair from Costco. As you can see it fits nicely in the back of my 2011 Leaf.

http://m.costco.com/Elite-Aluminum-Transport-Wheelchair-by-Medline®.product.100144447.html

rZo6ZN.jpg

l7NDkg.jpg

Back