Decisions... yet another get a 2015 or wait thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w6vms

My lease is up in March, though I can turn it in any time between now and then (it was originally a two year lease, and I converted it to month to month).

The tires are the original ones, and have just shy of 35.000 miles on them, and are barely legal by now (thread depth), and I don't really care to get new tires at this point.

If the 2016s were to come out in the next month or two, no problem, I can make it. Beyond that, and I won't be very comfortable driving the car with the current tires.

So... I've seen forecasts of "September" and "October" for the 2016s... any updates on that?

I will also accept the winning lotto numbers for next weeks drawing (PM me with those). Thank you.

Read your contract regarding minimum allowable tread depth. NMAC requires 4/32, more than the 2/32 allowable in most states. You may need to buy new tires anyway.

If you end up needing tires and budget is a problem, you can always look for used tires. Just know that all four should be the same model of tire when you turn the car in.

davewill said:
If you end up needing tires and budget is a problem, you can always look for used tires. Just know that all four should be the same model of tire when you turn the car in.

It's not that budget is a problem, I just don't want to buy new tires for a car that I will drive no more than 10K miles.

Though, I hadn't thought about used tires.

RonDawg said:
Read your contract regarding minimum allowable tread depth. NMAC requires 4/32, more than the 2/32 allowable in most states. You may need to buy new tires anyway.

Meaning, if the tires have less than 4/32 I will be charged for new tires when I turn the car in?

Back