Anyone willing to scan the owner's manual?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee_Slurry

I got this unbelievable artificial reply from Nissan in my request for a Leaf owner's manual:
In regards to your inquiry/concern, we apologize that the information you are seeking is not available. Unfortunately at this time Nissan is not in the position to move forward with your request. We apologize a more favorable response could not be given.
I tried asking for a copy, a link, a paper copy (replacement part) purchase, and filing a bug report against their web page:
http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/techpubs
No dice.

Being the type that reads the entire manual front-to-back before turning the key, I'm wondering if someone is equipped to scan gudy's thick manual? If it's three-ring-bound or even spiral, it would be easy enough to feed into an ADF scanner over lunch or something.

That would rock. If Tom is up for it, I'd be happy to scan in San Diego. I'll wear white cotton gloves. Full color. OCR for searching. Please? :)

+1 I would love to be able to read the full owner's manual too...:)

It's very bad for NISSAN image that they have all the pdf manuals of all the other cars available except for the LEAF :(

Come on NISSAN. What a big deal to do that for all of us desperately waiting for our own LEAF to be delivery?

So much for the Electric Drive Tour guides announcing to the tour groups that on December 16 the owner's manual would be available online. I wonder what they are telling the Austin people this weekend.

I'm going on vacation next Tuesday. I'd almost be willing to let the manual to someone (we'd have to figure out a guarantee that I'll get it back) for the following 2 weeks if he's willing to scan it. It's goin to be a pain though.

gudy said:
I'm going on vacation next Tuesday. I'd almost be willing to let the manual to someone (we'd have to figure out a guarantee that I'll get it back) for the following 2 weeks if he's willing to scan it. It's goin to be a pain though.

I can do it, and guarantee you'll get it back. However, in terms of full disclosure, I can't guarantee it'll come back in the same condition - if it's a booklet, I'm going to have to hold it down on the scanner bed, which will crease it at the seams. Which, of course, is what will eventually happen with a well thumbed through booklet anyway, but this will accelerate the process. If that's something you're OK with, PM me and we'll coordinate it.

Hmmm ... not to be discouraging - but why not wait a bit. I'm sure we will get the pdf any day now.

But I do encourage Gudy to lend the manual to Michael who will no doubt study it properly and will be able to answer all our questions :)

evnow said:
Hmmm ... not to be discouraging - but why not wait a bit. I'm sure we will get the pdf any day now.
What makes you sure?

Besides, need something to do while waiting. Reading the whole tome should be good prep. I'd relish it.

evnow said:

But I do encourage Gudy to lend the manual to Michael who will no doubt study it properly and will be able to answer all our questions :)

What make you so sure about that? If they said it will be available by Dec 16th and it's not, unfortunately I don't believe they will make available in pdf form so soon... I really wish I'm wrong.

cdub said:
I have the manual!!!!!!! How do I post it?
First: pop quiz! How big is the file?
If it's less than 1MB, and maybe 20 pages long, then it's the 2011 LEAF Quick Reference Guide, which has been circulated.

If it's huge, then this place is about to get excited.

False alarm it's just the manual for the charging unit.

But here it is:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1nLUJtHE6Pi7YnO_Zj9Ka_fR14o4tadhd6ByG8NOOJFi9DVrPYVSZlwks1QZZ&hl=en&authkey=CJntjyY

Danny from Fontana Nissan sent it to me saying it was the owners manual. Maybe he selected the wrong file. I e-mailed him back though... maybe he'll send the new one.

I figured out how to share it on Google docs. Hopefully Danny will e-mail me back soon with the real manual. I think he might have selected the wrong pdf when sending the attachment.

Yes sorry for the false alarm - I was so excited when I saw the e-mail from Danny I quickly wanted to post it and get it to everyone.

Not what we were all hoping for but still interesting and informative. What caught my attention was this:

"TROUBLE light blinks two times per second..."
"TROUBLE light blinks three times per second..."
"TROUBLE light blinks four times per second..."
"TROUBLE light blinks rapidly..."

That is either a very poor description or worst trouble-code system ever devised. :lol:

Edit: Also, cutting a jumper wire for 208V configuration? Are these people savages? How much would a jumper block or an actual switch have cost?
=Smidge=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back