A sincere thank you to this forum and its members

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epirali

Hello everyone:

I recently switched from the Leaf (a car I truly love) to an i3 w/Rex solely for range. I am looking forward to coming back to the Leaf with larger range shortly. But in the meanwhile I wanted to thank everyone here, from people who run the place to the various members.

It was a great place to learn about the car before, during and I know after the ownership. And the quality of the feedback, help and discussion is truly unique.

This all has become even more clear to me as I have tried to engage in the i3 forums. It is a shock to experience the difference in interaction and attitude.

So once again thank you all. My leaf has a new owner who is very excited, and I immediately pointed him to this place. This forum enhanced a great ownership experience even more.

Thanks for the thanks.

In what way are the i3 forums different? We've sometimes been accused here of not being the most welcoming of groups, but I haven't really found this to be the case unless someone shows up who obviously smells a bit trollish.

Well it's a bit like the Tesla forums. Some people act like its a cult, any negative observation (and believe me the i3 has a few doozies) is met with personal attacks even when there is no hostility in the posts. Yes there are heated discussions here, but rarely does it become name calling.

And there is very little critical thinking and ability to engage in constructive dialog. There are exceptions obviously but it is really unfortunate. It has actually kind of turned me off the car, the opposite of my experience here.

Glad you found a new owner who is going to enjoy your pre-owned and loved LeAf. I am seeing many 2nd hand owners. The EV option is spreading.

Don't let the Likely BMW hating trolls on the i3 web forum affect you, just learn to recognize them for what they are.

Enjoy your new i3 Rex. It's nice to have more options in the EV world.

lkkms2 said:
Glad you found a new owner who is going to enjoy your pre-owned and loved LeAf. I am seeing many 2nd hand owners. The EV option is spreading.

Don't let the Likely BMW hating trolls on the i3 web forum affect you, just learn to recognize them for what they are.

Enjoy your new i3 Rex. It's nice to have more options in the EV world.

Thanks already missing the Leaf. To me overall the Leaf is a much better executed car. I guess I have sellers remorse! ;)

Please give the i3 group on Facebook a consideration. We built a much better community there. I did
bmwi3mnl
not have time to engage on the forum very much, except in the early days, and given the influx of new members with intolerable behavior, I gave up on it in short order. Tom is still holding out, I believe. There is an official forum, called the Circuit, as well.

P.S. Is it just me or is the new MNL forum software really slow? It took me a small eternity to respond to your post. I hope that you find the information useful.

surfingslovak said:
Please give the i3 group on Facebook a consideration. We built a much better community there. I did
bmwi3mnl
not have time to engage on the forum very much, except in the early days, and given the influx of new members with intolerable behavior, I gave up on it in short order. Tom is still holding out, I believe. There is an official forum, called the Circuit, as well.

P.S. Is it just me or is the new MNL forum software really slow? It took me a small eternity to respond to your post. I hope that you find the information useful.

I would love to, but for philosophical and privacy issues I have sworn off FaceBook for well over a year now. Otherwise I would love to go there. I am on the bmwiforum and it is a much better place than the mybmwi3 forums, which has a few trolls (fannish) that just make it almost a pointless place.

The site has had server issues, but they are being addressed.

I still have my Leaf and still enjoy it, but I want to add my thanks as well. I posted a thank you of my own a few months back. I have now reached the point where I feel like I don't have to learn more about the Leaf, charging, EVSE's etc. My 2011 is still running fine with no trouble. So is my Blink home EVSE. I have been disappointed in the limited range and the failure of the Level 3 public chargers, but I do not regret my decision to buy a Leaf. When I first got mine - in fact, long before mine came - I joined this forum and learned a great deal about EVs in general and the Leaf in particular. It is by far the favorite car for both my wife and me to drive, but I do take her Acura ICE car for anything over 50 miles so I don't have to think about recharging. Being retired, this is easy since I rarely go that far. I now don't visit this forum very often simply because I don't feel the need to, but I am happy to contribute my experience when I have anything useful to add and I certainly feel grateful to all the contributors here.

Back