The car is a blast !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gudy

Yesterday was a crazy day. I'll keep this post short, but I'll write a much longer debrief on yesterday / the car later today (probably this evening).
In short the car is great, it clearly exceeds my expectations. It's as much a pleasure on the highway as it is in the city.
I know that you're all as impatient as I was to get it, but trust me, it's worth the wait !

if you have specific questions about it, please ask them in this thread, I'll try and answer these in the longer post I'll do later.

Olivier

gudy said:
Yesterday was a crazy day. I'll keep this post short, but I'll write a much longer debrief on yesterday / the car later today (probably this evening).
In short the car is great, it clearly exceeds my expectations. It's as much a pleasure on the highway as it is in the city.
I know that you're all as impatient as I was to get it, but trust me, it's worth the wait !

if you have specific questions about it, please ask them in this thread, I'll try and answer these in the longer post I'll do later.

Olivier

Woo Hoo! Gudy re-surfaces! Congrats on being number #1!

I only have one question so far, how much charge was left when you got home?

Great to hear. I just have one question for now....how many miles left did you have when you made it home? Little worried after I saw you with the CBS crew in the City with the drive still to make to Redwood City.

When you take the car out into the wild, do people stop you and ask you a million questions about it, or does it pretty much go unnoticed?

Gudy (or should we call you Olivier now? - a few questions for you then.

1) vin - does it match what you shared before? Nevermind - we got this from the pics. Still ends in 206. The "P" is still there too that someone thought was for Passive airbags.
2) remote heat/cool - does it work identically regardless of how you have the car plugged in? or if you have it plugged in?
3) manual - did you get one? Did you look it through and learn anything new to share?
4) the ceremony/event? We didn't get to see you talk in the FB video. Did you get to say anything and if so what?

Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!!

gudy said:

Welcome back !

I've a new sub-forum for Leaf owners. I'll move this thread there.

How does it compare to your wife's Fit in terms of handling, power when on freeway? Also, is steering still as light as on the demo cars from the tour? Any visible changes from demo cars?

1. How many miles on the Odometer at delivery ?
2. What did they give you for battery warranty ?
3. Did you apply for CVRP rebate yet ? Did the link and all associated actions work without hassle ?

gudy said:

Olivier

Olivier/Gudy, I'm glad you are not having to ride your electrical bike in the rain and I'm glad you like your new car! And I'm proud of us all for supporting a better vision of the future and being patient as Nissan works through it's kinks. We all want to be as happy as Olivier with our purchase. Oh, and for impatient people, "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein.

Congrat's gudy...I'm jealous!

I have a question for you about a concern you raised when you ordered your Leaf. You said

"PS : it's interesting how most dealers included the Destination and Handling fee, while the nissan websites states in the footer that the price doesn't."

Was this an issue at all with the dealer or Nissan?

I have two questions that hopefully have a quick answer:

1) Did you get an Owner's Manual? :)
2) Did you get any options that haven't been photographed yet? Eco decals, kickplates, etc.

Congrats! You handled it like a polished CEO. All smiles and composure. Me, I'd do a better job as #2 after seeing the fanfare. :)

Another question. When I took the test drive the A/C worked great even when it was in ECO mode. My question is how does the heater work? Is it a heat pump design that uses the same compressor as the A/C (GM's EV1 was like that) or is it some kind of resistance wire heater? The latter will use much more energy than the former for the same amount of BTUs.

ERG4ALL said:
Is it a heat pump design that uses the same compressor as the A/C (GM's EV1 was like that) or is it some kind of resistance wire heater? The latter will use much more energy than the former for the same amount of BTUs.
That was already answered by one of the trained techs. It's apparently a resistive heater with a liquid loop and interior radiator.

I see you got the ECO package what does the symbol on the dashboard look like?

I see the zero emission on the door side as Mark Perry told me. I would have bought that package if I did not think it was the large zero emission on the demo. I wanted the shinny dash and console.

Have fun and enjoy

Back