How often do I have to go to the dealer....every six mos?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodgeek

I just got an email from Nissan, specifically, "Your Nissan Leaf Support" telling me that I am overdue for my 6 month service. I leased on May 8, 2014, and got the overdue email 27 weeks later.

My dealer told me that I would come in at the 12 month point for a check, but they said nothing about the 6 month one.

And I have not heard of the 6 month checkup on MNL.

What up? What are they going to do? How long is it going to take? Is it free? Does everyone just do this? Is there one at 18 mos too?

woodgeek said:
I just got an email from Nissan, specifically, "Your Nissan Leaf Support" telling me that I am overdue for my 6 month service. I leased on May 8, 2014, and got the overdue email 27 weeks later.

My dealer told me that I would come in at the 12 month point for a check, but they said nothing about the 6 month one.

What up? What are they going to do? How long is it going to take? Is it free? Does everyone just do this? Is there one at 18 mos too?

You don't have to take your car to a dealer--ever--if you don't want to, especially with a lease. If you purchase the car new, you should take it to a dealer at 12, 24, and 36 months for the obligatory traction battery check. The first two checks are free; the 3rd one @ 36 months can cost anywhere from $0 to $69 or so. Unless you have a problem, everything else is just a ripoff. :roll:

woodgeek said:

Is this from Nissan or from the Nissan dealer? Guessing the latter. No, you don't have to come in at 6 months. But dealers will often subscribe to services that will send these kind of generic reminders.

thanks guys. The reply address on the email is to nissan-usa.com

The message itself is a badly formatted graphic with my dealers name and contact info inserted in a blank space.

its not coming from the dealer, but I could believe that the dealer has 'subscribed' to corporate for corporate to send this spam on their behalf.

When I leased, I asked when they wanted me back (b/c I knew about the battery check) and they said....'in 12 mos'.

Ok, found another earlier email suggesting to go to the dealer for a tire rotation....that at least makes more sense.

But, I will be putting my new Michelin Xi3 snows on in a week or two, so I won't need a dealer's help with that. :cool:

Back