Poll as to battery capacity bar behavior post P3227 update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did the P3227 update give you 12 battery capacity bars again?

• Yes - I had fewer than 12 bars before the update

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No - I still had the same number of bars

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • No - I still had all 12 bars when I had the update done

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • No - I haven't had the P3227 update done yet

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Don't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Decided not to have this update when I read reports here of loss of regen afterwards. Never needed it as far as I could tell. Only ever charged at home or on a ChargePoint with the '12, and it never lost a bar here in this mild climate.

There isn't an appropriate entry for me... I had 10 bars before the update and 11 after, which very quickly returned to 10 within a couple of weeks... Likewise with my Gid count and range.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&hilit=p3227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mwalsh said:
Please come back and change your vote if you've yet to have the update done and capacity bars change post-update.

I had 11 bars before the update, and 11 bars after. AHr jumped from 54.03 to 58.53, but was back down to 54.43 within a week, and the 12th bar never reappeared. Hx did not go up at all, and dropped from 78.17 to 67.85 in that week.

TT

As I remember it, I went from ~57Ah to ~60Ah then went back down to 57Ah within a month or so. Lost my first bar that december at 55.4Ah

ttweed said:
Hx did not go up at all, and dropped from 78.17 to 67.85 in that week.
I think that's the real reason people see less regen after the P3227 update - With the lower Hx value the LEAF thinks the battery is not capable of as much regen so doesn't allow as much.

11 bars before and after, with AH jumping to 58.9 and dropping back as usual for this update. I miss having the regen, but as has been said before, it never amounted to all that much (and thanks to the gauges and their inventors for the ability to find out!)

I instructed the shop not to do the update last January. I have to decide what to do this year soon.

Does anyone have a complete list of what we know (or suspect) the P3227 update actually does?

Back