Bose sound system and Quick charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman2509

Hi all,

So far I am leaning towards the SV without the premium package or the QC package.

I'm no audiophile, so I don't know how much better the Bose is on the premium pkg. What is the audio with the non-Bose system? I don't listen to music too loud in the car. Also I don't think the bird's eye camera is a big deal since the cars I own right now have no cameras at all (although one has parking sensors).

As for the quick charge option, there are not many QC stations near me (just east of Seattle). I know more will be around as time goes by, but I'm assuming that most owners charge at home on their 110/220?

The Bose stereo is one that you just have to listen for yourself to see if you have to have it. Bring your favorite CD or music player along and test out a car with Bose vs. one without.

If you live in the Puget Sound area, you are doing yourself a huge disservice if you don't get QC. It's not meant for everyday charging, but to extend your range on those occasions where you need to drive further than is normally possible with a Leaf.

dman2509 said:
Hi all,

So far I am leaning towards the SV without the premium package or the QC package.

I'm no audiophile, so I don't know how much better the Bose is on the premium pkg. What is the audio with the non-Bose system? I don't listen to music too loud in the car. Also I don't think the bird's eye camera is a big deal since the cars I own right now have no cameras at all (although one has parking sensors).

As for the quick charge option, there are not many QC stations near me (just east of Seattle). I know more will be around as time goes by, but I'm assuming that most owners charge at home on their 110/220?
I have this same configuration (SV without the premium package or the QC package). It's fine.

The Bose was nice but wasn't willing to spend the extra money.

I thought the usefulness of the QC package was questionable at best without any QC chargers within 100 miles. If it were an older Leaf with the slower L2 chargers or living in a area with higher home electric rates would likely find greater utility from the QC port. For my situation, electricity rates are relatively cheap in Ohio and the 6.6 kW L2 is plenty fast enough. The true utility in the QC package is the LED headlights. I know some complain about the halogen lamps being too dim/yellow. Personally, have driven on worse lights and find these comparable to other cars with halogen lamps. I figure if whiter lights are desired, swap them out with whiter bulbs.

I was planning on the same, but ended up getting the best deal on one with both.

I have two Leafs one with Bose and one without. The former is certainly a lot better in tonal separation (I like that as when I do listen to music it's classical but mostly audiobooks for me) and bass response, but if you are not a high end audio geek and/or don't want to look like one of those insecure door rattler dweebs it's certainly not worth the price. Plus you have a bit of an awkward bump in the hatch with it. The view part of the package is nice if you do a lot of parallel parking. I know it's de rigueur in these discussions to say one is able to parallel park with 6" more than the car length available in one go, but even if that's true (and I suspect it rarely is for the braggarts), some added visibility is never a bad thing. My work has a circular drive where I occasionally have to back into a space. It helps. But over a grand helps? Nah.

QC? Don't have one within 150 miles and likely never will here in JesusReaganland so despite left coaster parochial advice it will never mastter to me personally. For you it may, as you do and will have much better access and degradation may make it useful depending on mileage needs. That package though does come with LED and autoheadlights, which I like both for visibility and convenience. Again if I had to pay list price or anywhere near it. Nope. OTD price difference would be and was my main driver, and I ended up paying only about 600 more for both packages than best I could find with none plus I got my preferred color. For 2700 or so? Never.

Back