How many LEAFs have you seen at once, with no planning?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marccbr

For the first time, I saw 3 LEAFs including myself at one stop light with out it being planned. Goes to show the amount of LEAFs in San Diego is growing. We were all exiting Otay ranch Mall on Town Center Dr at Olympic Pkwy. It was quite a sight. How many have you guys seen excluding planned meetings?

I've seen 3 also (including mine) northbound in a sort of unplanned convoy on I-15 here in the SAN area. We were rolling along in the middle lanes @ 65+ mph for several miles, until I had to take the exit to the golf course..

I have seen 4 LEAFs including mine at the Whole Foods shopping center at the corner of Almaden Expressway and Blossom Hill Road in San Jose earlier this summer. Two whites, a blue, and a red all parked in three adjacent aisles. It was exciting, except I did not see any of the other drivers.

A few months back my wife and I decided to eat at the IHOP in Jupiter one Sunday morning. When we left, I almost got into the wrong Pearl White Leaf. :eek: Then, as I looked at it in amazement, another guy walked up to me and asked if it was mine, and his black Leaf was parked right across from it. So, for some fortuitous reason, although I rarely see another Leaf at all, 3 of us all ended up at IHOP that morning. I wanted to meet the other owner, but while I was checking the black Leaf's battery capacity, the other family came out and departed without a word to us. I guess they didn't get the memo about the Leaf meet that morning. :D

I've seen as many as 6 or 7 simultaneously but that was at a Nissan dealer :lol:

In my area I will see that many Leafs "in the wild" within as little as 5 minutes.

I don't even notice a Leaf unless we are at the stop light with 3 or 4 Leafs one behind the other. There are too many leafs & Model s's in the office parking lot to count ...

On way to work Pass 3 -5, Going in other direction, Probably the same one every day...
Park next to one in the office parking lot everyday, and If our timing is off the night shift guy is still there when we get in, Park next to/near two. (We have two L2 in the lot.)

That is EV parking right now, Our "Assigned" space. Security manager would prefer us to park in EV space even if we don't charge, so the Spaces don't get ICED, So others don't see the spaces empty and use them, then he has to go out and police them.. There is 1 Smart EV car, but its only in the lot randomly, Its a small building (~100-125 people) , and we all know each other (More or less), so we can work it out to get everyone access to the L2 if they need it.

Regularly, five. But I am probably cheating...

There are 6 Leaf owners in my office building, four of them from the same office with similar schedules. The sixth Leaf parks too far away from the others.

In the wild, so to speak, I don't count them anymore. I only notice when there are three or more at a time at a red light.

I've heard somewhere that, in Atlanta, Nissan sells more Leafs than any other Nissan model. Sounds about right.

Three at a birthday party in Asheville yesterday - the "birthday boy" himself (celebrating 80!), ours (130 years between us) and one of the other guests.

I've had my Leaf (Toledo, OH area) since Dec. 26th, 2013. On Friday, August 29th, I saw my first Leaf in the wild. Today, Sept. 2nd, I saw another, in a different part of town. My local dealer has only sold a couple dozen or so since introduction.

I've heard they're rather common in Ann Arbor, MI, just 30 or so miles away.

There is one other one at my office parking lot, and since getting my leaf I have noted two others that share a similar commute route as me. Saw a red just like mine parked next to me at public charger with a white not far away. So to answer the question... 3.

Within a week of getting mine a white rav4 pulled up next to me and the driver complemented me on my electric car. It wasn't until he pulled away that I noticed it was electric. Pretty exciting considering they aren't sold in CO.

Just today I went to a metro link station to charge my car. I saw 1 Tesla, 1 Honda Fit, 2 Fiat 500e, 2 Ford, and 20 other Leaf! It's quite impressive....first time see that many EVs at once

20140130_095440.jpg

Since I got my LEAF in May, and starting paying attention, I have seen about 1 other LEAF per 2 weeks in the Philly Metro area.

When I was on vacation on Cape Cod, I determined there were two LEAFs in my area, one near Orleans and one near Harwich, and saw both of them multiple times. Also spotted one in a driveway in Mystic CT on the way home.

The only Tesla I have seen in the wild (since May) was on a flatbed tow truck. :lol:

Back