AutoDim rearview mirror

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goixiz

I am not used to the AUTODIM mirror on my SV
It works ok when in the dark but when the outside gets a little lighter it does not work. and i have no flip switch to use it like a normal mirror.

Is ther an adjustment i can make to have it dim darker or more sensitive to light
or
any tips or tricks i can make this rear view mirror perform better

Don't think there is any adjustment other than ON/OFF... The first time I noticed it I thought there was something wrong with the tint in the car (all the lights in the rear view looked funny).

Now I actually like it. I wish there was an adjustment.

goixiz said:
I am not used to the AUTODIM mirror on my SV
It works ok when in the dark but when the outside gets a little lighter it does not work. and i have no flip switch to use it like a normal mirror.

Is ther an adjustment i can make to have it dim darker or more sensitive to light
or
any tips or tricks i can make this rear view mirror perform better
The autodim feature is about useless in daylight especially when being followed by a larger/taller vehicle. Had the windows tinted a week ago, fix the problem.

I've never liked auto-dimming mirrors because they are so slow to react to very bright lights from behind - unfortunately most US cars have them today.

Back