Post your 'wrapped' LEAF (ideas) here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

So I noticed there are a few wrapped LEAFs running around, would love to see some pictures posted here, and maybe come up with some fun designs.

Here is mctom987's LEAF, with another one in the background ready to be wrapped:
1534349_726972087346738_6776236443903288187_n.jpg

larger & better view

I actually talked to them about the silver leaf back there. It's just getting wrapped windows, not the body :)

The owner said it was an awesome idea though, and hadn't realized it could be done.

I wouldn't call it expensive, but price is always relative. Vinyl wraps generally last longer than spray paints because there is a thin layer of material that helps dampen impacts from rocks. Also, because the wrap isn't limited to miscible chemicals like a spray would be, the dyes can be higher quality and resist UV for a longer time. I've heard a typical high quality spray will last 4-7 years, and a quality vinyl wrap can last 10+.

The cost to wrap the exterior of the Leaf was about $5000. To include the jambs (highly recommended if you don't have Super Black) it's more expensive.

The standard palette includes around 50 colors, so it's a little more limited than what you could find with a spray, that can often be mixed/customized for little to no additional cost.

mctom987 said:
I actually talked to them about the silver leaf back there. It's just getting wrapped windows, not the body :)

The owner said it was an awesome idea though, and hadn't realized it could be done.

So it's like window tinting, or are we talking about some sort of advertisement with perforated holes type setup (like some busses)?

Local shop wants $2,000 to wrap a car, surprised yours was $5k, that's the highest # I've heard so far.

How do you maintain that wrap? Do you wax it?

lion said:
So it's like window tinting, or are we talking about some sort of advertisement with perforated holes type setup (like some busses)?
The effect is the same, just the perforated ads are opaque. It was just normal window tinting

lion said:
Local shop wants $2,000 to wrap a car, surprised yours was $5k, that's the highest # I've heard so far.
That sounds too cheap. I shopped around a bit, they were all $4000+
Maaco was also around $5000.

lion said:
How do you maintain that wrap? Do you wax it?
Pretty much the same as regular, only it's not advised to use a pressure hose or automatic car washes.

I guess you could consider this a "spray-on wrap"

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've not done a car but I've done my wheels and they turned out well and are still holding up. Significantly cheaper option, and lcool thing is if you make a mistake or simply get tired of the color, or it's a leased vehicle... you can peel it off

10462465_901716526508860_5375999840480094580_n.jpg

If they could make a wrap accomplished this look that'd be cool.

According to Nissan's social media on Facebook: this is the MorningSky Blue for the 2015 MY. However, from what I can gather on the internet it looks nothing like this and instead is a lighter blue than the current Ocean Blue.

custom green on that leaf?

I have been wondering about advertising wrap to offset the cost of my leaf since I drive so many miles and its EV status gets attention?

anything anyone familiar with worth it?

Back