Anybody got the Nissan's free charging card?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomx

I got my 2014 LEAF 3 weeks ago and I was told by the dealer that there will be a free charging card mailed to me by Nissan. I haven't got it yet. Any idea when will Nissan send it out?

Thanks,

Tom

Did you sign up for blink charging cards? They are free. You can go to plugshare.com to see what chargers are in your area.

Tomx said:
I got my 2014 LEAF 3 weeks ago and I was told by the dealer that there will be a free charging card mailed to me by Nissan. I haven't got it yet. Any idea when will Nissan send it out?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the quick reply! Actually I was told that Nissan's card will let you charge your leaf at any charging station for free for 2 years. Not only the card is free, the charging is also free.

kieranmullen said:
Did you sign up for blink charging cards? They are free. You can go to plugshare.com to see what chargers are in your area.

Tomx said:

Thanks,

Tom

You can charge at any Nissan dealership for free. No card should be required. You can sign up for a charge point card too. Where are you located? Update your profile.

Tomx said:
Thanks for the quick reply! Actually I was told that Nissan's card will let you charge your leaf at any charging station for free for 2 years. Not only the card is free, the charging is also free.

kieranmullen said:

Tomx said:

Thanks,

Tom

I would assume the OP is inquiring as to whether anyone has received their EZ-Charge card through the "No Charge to Charge" program.

I love the concept of the program, but with Chargepoint reportedly dropping out, that significantly reduces the usefulness of the program in the areas I frequent.

Salem oregon Nissan Dealership had a Nissan QC with chargepoint it was free. Perhaps they plan on charging later for it? I also saw the VISA and MC logo on the side.

cwstnsko said:
I would assume the OP is inquiring as to whether anyone has received their EZ-Charge card through the "No Charge to Charge" program.

I love the concept of the program, but with Chargepoint reportedly dropping out, that significantly reduces the usefulness of the program in the areas I frequent.

I work in Hillsboro and live in Bethany close to Beaverton :)

kieranmullen said:
You can charge at any Nissan dealership for free. No card should be required. You can sign up for a charge point card too. Where are you located? Update your profile.

Tomx said:

Yes, I am talking about the EZ-Charge cards:

The new EZ-Charge cards will allow Nissan LEAF owners to access EV charging networks like ChargePoint, Blink Network from Car Charging Group, AeroVironment and NRG eVgo.

- See more at: http://www.dailytech.com/Nissan+Introduces+EZCharge+Cards+for+New+LEAF+Owners+Offers+Free+Charging/article34747.htm#sthash.1929GXH6.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris,

I don't quite get it. If Chargepoint is dropping out, this program should be still useful to us since it allow
us access other charging stations as well. Is that right?

Tom

cwstnsko said:

My local Nissan Dealer also has a Chargepoint QC charger and it is free for Leaf drivers, but I believe that the OP is referring to this program:
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-launches-programs-to-make-leaf-charging-free-and-ez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When I was shopping for a Leaf, this program was quite an attractive benefit to buying the Leaf. Since Chargepoint dropped out of the EZ-charge program, it's not as much of a selling point in my particular area.

Yes, the other 3 networks are still accessible, but in the areas I drive it seems like there are more Chargepoint stations than any of these other three.

Ah! I live off of Cornelius Pass Road and 26. I whiz up and down Bronson all the time. I saw 3 leafs in the span of 5 minutes on 185th yesterday. Telsa at Wendys a few weeks ago. Intel is paying some guys pretty well but people like their tech. Sing up for blink but you will probably never use it. This will be of more use to you http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/electrichighway.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I would sign up for this for a month or two during the summer and make a few trips out to the coast or MacMinville. Salem Nissan has a Quickcharger which is just down from Costco.
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/services/subscriber_network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomx said:

kieranmullen said:

Tomx said:

Great information and thanks a lot!

Tom

kieranmullen said:
Ah! I live off of Cornelius Pass Road and 26. I whiz up and down Bronson all the time. I saw 3 leafs in the span of 5 minutes on 185th yesterday. Telsa at Wendys a few weeks ago. Intel is paying some guys pretty well but people like their tech. Sing up for blink but you will probably never use it. This will be of more use to you http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/electrichighway.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I would sign up for this for a month or two during the summer and make a few trips out to the coast or MacMinville. Salem Nissan has a Quickcharger which is just down from Costco.
http://evsolutions.avinc.com/services/subscriber_network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomx said:

kieranmullen said:

Funny I started a thread a couple days ago about when Nissan was going to roll out the No charge to charge program and no one responded. I thought it's supposed to be active on July 1st, 2014, not mailing out the cards on July 1st. I wish Nissan would publicize this more. But then again, they'll be one's paying for the charge so the least number of peeps find out and use it the better for them, I see...

I suspect that Nissan is trying to figure out what to do after Chargepoint dropped out of the program since they are a major part of public infrastructure in many parts of the country.

Hi Folks,
Did any one receive this ez-card from nissan that allows free charging?

TIA
Max.

I've not yet received the EZ Charge card (No charge to charge program). I contacted Nissan right after I purchased my Leaf in May 2014 and was assured that the cards would be sent out by late June???
Assuming from this forum that nobody, as yet, has received their card?

Back