Island of Hawaii DCFC Grand Opening July 6

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just the first location, but it is the first of its' kind on "The Big Island." We are currently in discussions with other property owners to install this same (480DC) charger in other locations on the island.

Cost to consumer will vary by time of use and amount of energy, but will most likely be between $6-$16 initially.

We have not added it to plugshare or recargo yet, but we are working on it.

Thanks!

Are you putting a solar car port in place over the parking space? Are your buildings covered with solar?

What was the results of your analysis for the JFE RAPIDAS Quick Charger versus Standard QC units?

We offer a solar car port, but in this case we did not install that type. Our goal is to provide a complete Smart Grid Energy Management system for commercial properties. This means we install PV, advanced batteries for energy storage, and energy management software on a commercial/industrial building. These smart grid systems allow us to incorporate the EV fast chargers (that utilize the renewable energy) at very little cost to the site owner.

I am not an expert on the JFE Rapidas. Although it is my understanding that the JFE charger has a battery pack built-in and is CHAdeMO standard. They have a good concept on using the battery to mitigate the demand charge spike to the property owner.

Here are a few points about our charger:
Can charge either CHAdeMO or SAECombo in SERIES.
Is OCPP networkable (Open Charge Point Protocol)
Can use RFID, QR code scanning, or credit card swipe.

Although our unit doesn't have a built-in battery pack, our goal is to utilize the much larger battery unit (as well as the solar array) that is tied to the commercial building. Like the JFE, this can also mitigate the demand spike charge.

Back