What was your previous car before Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armmynissanleaf

Hello folks,

What was your previous car before you decided to get a Leaf? What did you get rid of to get your Nissan Leaf?

A 1999 BMW 328i with 160K on it. It still ran great and was in excellent condition... A friend of mine bought it and is still driving it. One of the best cars I have ever owned.

armmynissanleaf said:
What was your previous car before you decided to get a Leaf? What did you get rid of to get your Nissan Leaf?

I traded in an 05 Mustang GT manual. Why? Because I love technology and love to try to be as efficient as possible. And I still have my Daytona 675 when I want to have some more sensory fun. :twisted:

1995 Camry LE Four with about 200k on it. I'd already sold my 1995 Civic EX to pay for a ZEV electric "motorcycle" that arrived pre-crashed and turned out to have a junk front end.

2000 Honda Accord EX-V6. About 125K miles and still runs like the day I bought it. I gave it to my Mother-in-law to replace her totaled Chrysler LHS.

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT - Hatchback. 155K miles, bought it new, no major issues ever, installed timing belt and water pump every 60K miles, changed the oil and filter every 10K miles.

Front wheel fell off 3 days before buying the LEAF in brooklyn while leaving a client. Had it towed home,

Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 11.30.34 PM.png

I was planning on buying a LEAF, everyday I was resetting my trip to see how many miles I was doing, I did that for 90 days. in 90 days I drove 81 days just around 52 miles, 7 days 74 miles, 2 days 130 miles.

So I searched around for a LEAF and there was no stock, I had to go to a Nissan Dealer 27 miles away to get one. They had two in stock, mine that I bought and a used 2011 with only 11K miles, I didn't like the dirty arm rest, the cloth interior and since it was used, they wanted $19K, It didn't seem worth it.

7 days after buying the LEAF a friend on another forum made me aware that there was a recall for the hyundai. I called them and they picked up the Elantra and 7 days after that it was returned with the whole entire front end replaced. $3000 worth of work for free! It rides like new now. It's sitting in front of my house and I've used it 4 times in the past year. I am giving it away to a family friend who has no car.

I LOVE my LEAF!!!, I'm 45 and this is the first car that I LOVE!

Sal
aka Lasareath

I didn't get rid of my former daily driver, a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T. It's now used for those occasions when the Leaf's range is insufficient. The Audi is happy to relinquish the daily driver role and has thanked me through increased fuel economy (more than the EPA's highway estimate) and greatly reduced oil consumption, a common issue with the VW/Audi turbo engines.

Ron,

You need one of my bumper stickers, My other Car is a LEAF:

other.jpg

RonDawg said:
I didn't get rid of my former daily driver, a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T. It's now used for those occasions when the Leaf's range is insufficient. The Audi is happy to relinquish the daily driver role and has thanked me through increased fuel economy (more than the EPA's highway estimate) and greatly reduced oil consumption, a common issue with the VW/Audi turbo engines.

My dear 2008 Prius went to be with the angels so I could shed no more oil. She left with 215k + on the odometer and only her 3rd set of tires. Other than regular oil/filter changes and her first set of shoes at 200000, she worried me not, as my lifetime mpg average was slightly above 51.
My new lady hasn't the taste for dinosaur blood, and I cherish her dearly. At 2000 miles/ month and gas above $3.50, I think I'll be fine at $25/month electric. About 20% of the operating cost of the Prius and after tax breaks, lower initial cost.

Lasareath said:
Ron,

other.jpg

I'm much more interested in the image of the guy holding the assault rifle. I've been wanting to plaster the back of my car with NRA/2nd Amendment/Obummer stickers just to mess with people's minds :lol:

RonDawg said:
Lasareath said:
Ron,

other.jpg

I'm much more interested in the image of the guy holding the assault rifle. I've been wanting to plaster the back of my car with NRA/2nd Amendment/Obummer stickers just to mess with people's minds :lol:

Haha.

!993 Chevy Sport K1500 4x4 (10-14 mpg) What I save in gas pays the Leaf Lease and puts $$ in my pocket. Still have it for when I get "need a truck" situations.

RonDawg said:
Lasareath said:
Ron,

other.jpg

Go to the site and see what that sticker actually says. You may be disappointed... :lol:

1994 Taurus SHO.
Great car when I bought it in1996. It had been on a 2 year lease in FL.
At 140,000 miles and burning a quart of oil every 300 miles as it leaked onto the exhaust manifold and burned and needing over $2,000 of repairs to be useful for another 50,000 miles it just wasn't worth driving any more.
Do kind of miss the warnings over the intercom while in a bookstore that your blue Taurus is on fire :shock: :shock:
Or the frantic warning from the illegal immigrants in the adjacent vehicle while stopped at a traffic light that my car was on fire :shock: :shock:
But it would still pass the mandatory annual emissions test :D :D

I've also held onto my former daily drive, a 2001 Passat 1.8T with 178K miles. My daughter will be using it to drive to her internship over this summer, and it'll also be used for my younger daughter to learn a manual transmission when she gets her permit this year (it's still on the original clutch, so I want to get one more learner in before replacing it).

Back