What is the highest you have gotten your range meter?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note that they changed the range meter (affectionately known as the Guess-O-Meter around here) beginning with the 2013 model year. Before that, it was much easier to get very high readings on it.

My highest is 128 miles. But that was over a year ago. No chance to beat that anymore...

As I've posted before, this is my personal best:
leafguessometer0632crop.jpg

As you can see, it was 14.5 miles into the trip. It also explains why the GOM is utterly useless where I live.

When my 2012 was new I used to see upper 140's in the morning when I pulled out, now I'm surprised when I see a 100+

Maybe it learned how far I could really go? ;)

I can get it up to 125, the number displayed is just a product of an algorithm generated by your last usage. so If I drive for awhile at 25-30 MPH then charge the car up when I start up it will show an inflated number.

I had my Miles/kWh at 5.2. My dad used the car and managed to drop it to 4.5. The differences between driving styles heater usage, along with eco mode usage really show.

I'm only about a month into my 2014 lease and have seen 103 but typically it's in the upper 90s. Miles / kWh is consistently 4.1. The vast majority of my driving is highway, half in lots of traffic, half at 70mph. I'm still learning the LEAF and hope to improve that over time.

Just got 134 this morning. Also reset my mi/kwh at the top of a hill and managed somewhere around 20 mi/kwh for awhile. This is in my 2015 s.

Here's a picture from 2013 when my first LEAF hit 10k miles. Just for fun I reset the Energy Economy meter at the top of the hill a few miles before this picture. The result was a ridiculous 36.7 miles/kWh.
IMG_0630.jpg

Iirc, I saw 136 miles on the GOM in our 2012 once. That was early-on and it got less crazy after a reprogramming. On our 2015 it's been very reluctant to state much over 100 miles, even after some very conservative driving. Still it's a rather cartoonish feature and one hopes that the EV market may mature past the point of these psychological gewgaws, and the manufacturers realize we're all capable of dealing with simple math and real units such as kilowatt-hours. At the moment Nissan seems to think that if they gave us real information about our cars, we'd all run screaming into the woods.

Back