Change window lock option?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

Ok, so I like that I can, just like in any other car, lock the passenger and rear windows from being opened so I don't have kids throwing things out the windows. But it locks the driver side window as well?? WTF?!?!

Please tell me I can take it to the dealer and have them change the setting.

gsleaf said:
I wish I knew the answer to that as well. It annoys me to no end.

OK, here is the really weird thing, it started working properly this weekend. I was so shocked I had to play with the windows for a few minutes just to makes sure I wasn't going crazy.

Maybe a circuit issue? something the cold weather "fixed" ?

So I was wrong before, I thought the drivers window locked to, apparently its just all other windows.

I had to take my car in today, and I asked if they could reprogram the buttons. They said that there is no option to change the functionality, and that ALL Nissans are designed this way, not just the leaf.

braineo said:
Leaf Spy Pro allows you to reprogram the locks. All you need is an android phone or tablet.

I'm guessing your car also needs CarWings for that too.

Nope - OBDII connector - all cars have them.

You will also need a Bluetooth OBDII unit to connect to the Android

braineo said:
Leaf Spy Pro allows you to reprogram the locks. All you need is an android phone or tablet.

Are you sure it allows reprogramming of the window lock settings? All I could see that it would let you change were door lock settings. Do you have a screenshot of the options?

Sorry - I thought you were talking about the door locking mechanism. I reread the posts and realized you are talking about the window lock. Best thing to do is contact Turbo3 to see if that is even possible.

braineo said:
Sorry - I thought you were talking about the door locking mechanism. I reread the posts and realized you are talking about the window lock. Best thing to do is contact Turbo3 to see if that is even possible.

well, its a good thing I didn't get around to buying it then!

Back