2013 Leaf : What trim/options did you get ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Trim/Options did you get ?

• S

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • S with Quick Charger

Votes: 39 19.1%
  • SV

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • SV with Quick Charger

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • SV w/ QC & Premium

Votes: 15 7.4%
  • SL

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • SL with Premium

Votes: 38 18.6%
  • I don't have a Leaf, thinking of getting one

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • I've a '11/'12 thinking of getting '13

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I've a '11/'12 won't get the '13

Votes: 22 10.8%
  • I don't have a Leaf, won't get one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above !

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
I leased the S with Quick Charger. I don't need the Quick Charger but it came with the car. I just plug in at night at 120 Volts. My interest is in just driving electric. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I'm very happy with my Leaf. I tell people that it is a win/win. I win because I don't have to buy gas. ICE drivers win because I help bring down the demand for gas and thus put downward pressure on the price of gas.

I have been very impressed with this forum. You guys have a lot of knowledge and passion.

I have been amazed at the anger shown by some people against electric cars. I once wrote that I thought that electric cars were part of the solution and the guy swore at me! Hey, we're only talking about cars, not your mother!

I leased my Leaf at Karmart Nissan in Burlington, WA. I am happy with the dealership.

I live on Camano Island and it is usually cold here. The cold weather package has been great. The battery is always at five bars. I love the seat warmer and the steering wheel warmer.

Carlos Ghosn videos gave me the confidence to buy Nissan. What an awesome guy. He speaks four languages and I read that he just gave a speech in Japanese!

Looking forward to the sales totals for Leaf in May!

We spent a while finding the color combo we wanted and finally found an SV with QC and premium package. We originally didn't want the premium package, but I guess the Bose speakers are nice. No dealer in our area had slate/black, so the extra 8 dollars a month wasn't worth fighting anymore. My time/stress are valuable! The backup camera has yet to prove useful, but it may just take some getting used to? We think we did okay with 15k miles a year, 2500 drive off including all of the DMV garbage and first payment, and 160 a month including tax. The MSRP was 35,350. We are very happy!

So far it appears there is a pretty even distribution between the different 2013 packages. Nissan should be pleased that they have been able to configure the car for a fairly wide range of customer needs/wants.

Base S, it came with splash guards and floor mats. 24 month lease, no need for all the fluff, that is what my other cars are for.

I love the Leaf. I look forward to driving it and find excuses to run to Wal Mart or Starbucks just to get out in it.

Nissan nailed the design.

jelloslug said:
Plain Jane S. I added the factory reverse camera though.

I like the rear cam idea. As you may know, Infiniti invented the rear cam for cars in 1999 on the 2000 Q45 and even in 2014, the E-Class has it as part of a $3900 package which is just ridiculous. The '13 Accord entry level LX has a rear cam standard.

How much did yours cost and what are the details of installation?

jelloslug said:
Plain Jane S. I added the factory reverse camera though.
So many kid injuries have been avoided via rear view cameras. To this day - I'll never understand why it wasn't made standard equipment several years ago. After all, you can buy one @ your local auto parts aftermarket joint - straight out of china, for what ... $35 or so?

Since we didn't know how much I'd like the Leaf, we got the S model with the QC package. I love it and the quick charge capability...I use it a few times a week since I've a Nissan dealership between work and home. Just installed a GPS unit and use plugshare for charge locations. I wish the speakers were better, though.

I really love that I barely keep up with gasoline prices now. BEV sales will truly take off when real-world battery degradation issues are understood and accommodated (this is still a big problem for the Leaf, with a fair amount of vociferous early adopter rancor) and the range moves up to 130-150 miles; I predict that gasoline prices will approach $4.50 (in CA) by then.

Definitely didn't want any leather in an ECO car so no SL got SV. They even change our steering wheel to one with no leather.
The surround camera view is amazing, even our Tesla friends envy that feature.

Wish we could have had a 30 Kw battery option. Seems like 2016 will have that.

Wish we could have had a battery cooling option, Air Cond to flow over battery like Prius did. 2015 has new chemistry so we'll see how that does. My Focus EV has not lost 1 % in over a year in Hot Sunny Phoenix yet.

Maybe someday a simple Moon/Sunroof will be an option.

I got the 2013 S + QC, which they leased to me for the same price as they offered on the bare 2014 S.

Don't miss the Nav, because we use our trusty iPhones to get turn by turn, mounted on the dash using:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D901B4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The bluetooth in the S is pretty crummy....it does the phone, but not music or other audio. We tried plugging in the phone into the 'ipod' connector, but it was really wonky. It would ALWAYS autoplay the music collection, and then only in alphabetical order. We got really tired of Michael Jackson's 'ABC' every time we started the car. :roll:

The bluetooth solution....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The phone still uses the LEAF's bluetooth for phone calls, and does all other audio services through the kinivio, and this pretty much duplicates the function of a proper (read: better) system.

What I got wasn't listed: an SV with no QC but with premium Package. I went in to lease an S for $99 a month but the car I was promised wasn't there. Hours later they leased me this car for a fantastic price. From what I've read here it's unusual for a Nissan dealer to screw up and then make things right by finding a better deal.

Hello all. I am BIG fan of hybrid fan, but not yet having one. I have searched all over the net about release date of new 2016 Nissan Leaf for days. Anyone have information on that. I found on this blog some information, http://ultimatecarsreview.com/2016-nissan-leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so far most detailed information I could get, but for me not enough :D

The above review needs to be translated by someone other than BabelFish, I'm afraid. It's well-intentioned, but too much comes out incorrect, starting with "Hybrid."

LeftieBiker said:
The above review needs to be translated by someone other than BabelFish, I'm afraid. It's well-intentioned, but too much comes out incorrect, starting with "Hybrid."
Let us all go forth and create webpages with wild speculation and artist's renderings of future cars!

Back