Who is driving 2013 Leaf? EPA range is 75 miles!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

What is the range of 13 Leaf
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...-75-mile-range-anticipated-in-new-test-by-epa

Thank you vrwl for pictures of 2013 S and SL Leaf stickers
2013SLSticker.jpg

2013SSticker.jpg

EdmondLeaf said:
can be really fast if nearly 2K produced already
link to listed by dealer SV pictures
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...p?paId=501146500&tracktype=newcc&aff=criteo#1

I'd think most of the LEAFs hitting the lots this week may have 2012 build dates (by month). Too bad the photo of the door tag didn't show the build month of Vin #1649.

The highest vin# 12/2012 build date, highest vin # 1/2013 build date, etc, should give us a good idea of the production levels.

Whoever finds the first photo of the window sticker showing the EPA range, please post it!

edatoakrun said:
Wonder how long it will take to see the USA vin #'s hitting 5 digits?
It might not be a bad idea to wait until it gets to five digits before purchasing one. It's a new product on the TN line with mostly new parts vendors, so there are likely to be some issues with both parts quality and assembly. I think some here complained that the quality on the early 2011s they bought was not great.

My dealer gave me a print out when I went in to reserve a 2013 SL to lease. It listed the date of manufacture as Feb. 8, and an estimated delivery date (to Honolulu) of Mar. 15.

sirenbrian said:
I'm glad you got a date for your car :) Mine just says the car is being produced in Feb, delivered in March. I hope its March 1st!
I think you will get your car in Feb, some dealers in GA already have them

The only thing I can say is be happy that you at least are able to be on a list or order the thing. Dealers north of the boarder dont even have the pricing, any details nor did they even know that the car's specs changed over the year :p They are trying to convince me that the car is the same as the 2012 model with no changes :p I feel like Im educating dealers when i go to talk to them.

I hope they release the pricing here and that its the something near what you have in the states so that i can jump the band wagon :D

darandon said:
The only thing I can say is be happy that you at least are able to be on a list or order the thing. Dealers north of the boarder dont even have the pricing, any details nor did they even know that the car's specs changed over the year :p They are trying to convince me that the car is the same as the 2012 model with no changes :p I feel like Im educating dealers when i go to talk to them.

Can be true if they bring them not from US.
E.g. in Europe we still have same Leafs as before even they are MY2013. The only difference is they are now made in UK (MY2012 made in Japan).

So, US MY2013 Leaf is different, others are not.

Den said:
darandon said:

Can be true if they bring them not from US.
E.g. in Europe we still have same Leafs as before even they are MY2013. The only difference is they are now made in UK (MY2012 made in Japan).

So, US MY2013 Leaf is different, others are not.

The Leaf is a global car... The specs are almost the same everywhere. Maybe the 6.6kw charger option is different in some regions but if you look at the Canada and US models not only for the past year's leafs but other cars as well the only difference is that Canadian models have daytime running lights.

EdmondLeaf said:
sirenbrian said:
I'm glad you got a date for your car :) Mine just says the car is being produced in Feb, delivered in March. I hope its March 1st!
I think you will get your car in Feb, some dealers in GA already have them
Do you know if they physically have them?

I'd be curious what their Monroney sticker says for range. From http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/label/learn-more-electric-label.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, it seems like it might be required...

It is very interesting that it seems like we still don't know the EPA range rating in miles for the '13 Leaf, only useless (for determining range) MPGe figures.

EdmondLeaf said:
LEAFfan said:
Those are SVs and an S;no SLs. I was told they have a month delay so sometime in March.
2013 Nissan Leaf SL - $37,080 VIN 1334
Dealer: Downtown Nashville Nissan

Sorry, the vehicle you requested was not found. It is possible that the vehicle has been sold or otherwise removed from our database. Please try a new search, or go back to the previous page.

Back