2018 leaf analog speedometer . Whadayathink?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the speedometer on the Gen 1 Leaf is outstanding. Everything about it, the location of it, the fact that it is digital, and the size of it. I have not driven the 2018 yet, but my other cars have the analog speedometer, and I prefer the digital.

jake14mw said:
I think the speedometer on the Gen 1 Leaf is outstanding. Everything about it, the location of it, the fact that it is digital, and the size of it. I have not driven the 2018 yet, but my other cars have the analog speedometer, and I prefer the digital.

Ditto. The Leaf was my first car with a digital speedometer and while I was ambivalent about it at first, now I love it and find it the most pleasant speedometer of any car I've ever driven.

I don't care for the new analog speedometer. It just takes up space that could have been better used. My solution:

anI8CuPra3G2tM4cnF2K3JLTyzQbkqK1bKaxwEBXI4iqOMIBigAkTmnY_Q_MLvOpMH2mMQNvoX9i3rst4Ed9FQeIwJOiGBvKMtgGLz6tSjYxAeyNMMnKg5s5UsKXdmqOOcK2WyGK=w800

Android phone with free digHUD speedometer app.

I like the analog speedometer. Every single car I have ever owned, with the exception of the family 2018 minivan, has had an analog speedometer, so I'm used to it. I guess I like the old fashioned look of round gauges, since I also like classic cars, despite them having ICE.
I also leave the power meter on screen when I drive, because I like viewing the rate of change of battery recharge/discharge... and it's a nice, round gauge.

And yes, my watch is is analog too. ;)

Back