No Charge to Charge with 2015 Certified Pre-owned Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nmcknelly

I purchased a 2015 Certified Pre-owned Leaf at a nissan dealership last month. On a whim I applied for an ez-charge card using my VIN on the ez-charge website. I received the card today and registered it with eVgo. The whole process seemed too easy so I called eVgo to confirm what plan I am on. The representative confirmed that I was enrolled in the 2 year No Charge to Charge program. I called the dealership and they had no idea this was possible. I'm not sure if others have tried this as well, so I thought I would share my experiance.

As a reminder to all new owners, you need to register the NCTC card (and create an account) with each charging network you want to use (Blink, Chargepoint, EVgo, etc.) before you can charge on that network.

Nmcknelly said:
I purchased a 2015 Certified Pre-owned Leaf at a nissan dealership last month. On a whim I applied for an ez-charge card using my VIN on the ez-charge website. I received the card today and registered it with eVgo. The whole process seemed too easy so I called eVgo to confirm what plan I am on. The representative confirmed that I was enrolled in the 2 year No Charge to Charge program. I called the dealership and they had no idea this was possible. I'm not sure if others have tried this as well, so I thought I would share my experiance.

All 2013 and up Nissan Leaf all qualify for No Charge to Charge. In you case, as long as the previous owner did not activate, EVgo will let you activate it. I have met many Leafers (with 2013 and newer) at EVgo stations that bought the car before the NCTC program and was able to get a card from the dealer and activate it and use it.

Just consider yourself lucky.

drhlee1 said:
Nmcknelly said:

All 2013 and up Nissan Leaf all qualify for No Charge to Charge. In you case, as long as the previous owner did not activate, EVgo will let you activate it. I have met many Leafers (with 2013 and newer) at EVgo stations that bought the car before the NCTC program and was able to get a card from the dealer and activate it and use it.

Interesting, the evgo rep asked me if it was certified pre-owned so I thought that was significant. But if the previous owner never registered i will consider myself just that, lucky. Thanks for the clarification!

drhlee1 said:
All 2013 and up Nissan Leaf all qualify for No Charge to Charge.
Uhhh, I don't think that statement's correct for all 2013 Leafs. My former leased '13 Leaf and the used one I own now (w/original in-service date 1 month before my former leased Leaf) both went into service before NCTC existed and was ever announced.

I'll try my VIN out but I doubt it'll succeed.

A few years back, I bumped into a well-known Nissan exec (now former) who had been in the press about Leaf numerous times (he shall remain unnamed) and he even said he could get me one of the EZ-Charge cards no problem. When I asked whether it'd include the free charging benefits, he said no. Never mind...

My 2015 Leaf also qualified for NC2C, but it was not CPO ( carvana ). Registered for ezcharge then EVgo. I rarely use it even though I have a QC station nearby. The reason I signed up was just for emergencies & to check the rates.

Back