'plug-share, park-share' in London?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robplanme

I'm just about to move the family and the Leaf to London, Aldgate E1 in fact. On downloading the PlugShare app, I see that there is hardly any opportunity to share someone's charger in the area. I'm moving to an apartment with no parking in the block and no readily available street charger. There is an NCP car park close by but I'll need to pay out for both parking and charging time.

My question is how do people go about both parking and charging in the City when there appears to be no forum for sharing domestic chargers and hence charging costs? I can't help thinking that there are people out there who have invested c£500 in a level 2 home charger and would love to be paid for its use from time to time?

Or maybe I simply find a street charging point and leave it there? I've heard that some people move their EV from charge point to charge point simply as a place to keep the car for gratis. I hate to think that they could be clogging up a space that I might need for 3 or so hours.

Anyone got any experience of London that they think would help?

Back