IEVS: Porsche Details Its Plans For Non-Discriminatory Ultra-Fast Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is unclear to me whether this is Porsche taking credit for Electrify America's network, or if this represents an entirely parallel effort. If the latter, it's very exciting to any EV driver. But I suspect it's the former, and Porsche is trying to take credit where credit isn't due.

Porsche obviously has a 'talent' in talking a lot while saying almost nothing. Though It does sound like they intend to sell CCS type II compatible (European) DC fast chargers. Unexplained of course is who will buy them as a profit making venture.

The idea of a DC fast charger that relies on a battery to store energy from a low power grid connection (or local PV/wind) has been a holy grail for a while now. I hope they pull it off successfully but my money is on Tesla.

GetOffYourGas said:
It is unclear to me whether this is Porsche taking credit for Electrify America's network, or if this represents an entirely parallel effort. If the latter, it's very exciting to any EV driver. But I suspect it's the former, and Porsche is trying to take credit where credit isn't due.
Porsche is a subsidiary of Volkswagen.

wmcbrine said:
GetOffYourGas said:
Porsche is a subsidiary of Volkswagen.

I'm fully aware of that, hence the ambiguity. Electrify America is supposed to be a "neutral" third party network provider. Porsche is claiming they are spending their own money. But are they spending new money, or just the money that they are forced to as part of the settlement?

Back