IEVS: This Portable EV Charger Operates On 120 Or 240: Costs Just $299

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a few others said, I'd agree it's a bit overpriced. I've seen similar ones(Duosida as mentioned) starting at $199 and if you like CC then this Amazing E starts ~$250 shipped.
The one thing this EVSE offers that very few others do(other than adjustable ones) is it limits charging to 12a @ 120v. Pretty much all other 16a portable EVSEs that charge at 16a @ 240v also charge at 16a @ 120v, too much for a standard 15a circuit. Now 16a is nice for a good 20a circuit but is a fire hazard on a 15a circuit. Because of this if you were to carry around one of the 16a EVSEs you'd also need to carry around your OEM EVSE in case of emergencies and you only had access to a 15a circuit.
https://www.amazon.com/AmazingE-Portable-Electric-Equipment-Connector/dp/B06XSLYDLH/ref=sr_1_25?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1534462905&sr=1-25&keywords=level+2+ev+charger

Funny no certification and they claim it's waterproof. Another Chinese "me too" EVSE.

Back