GRA

Re: Electrify America Network

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:14 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:I’m sorry but I quoted a press release from 2 months ago and you respond with a flurry of quotes from their plan published 2 years ago.
Because the initial plan distinguishes between all the types of sites they planned to build, which included both the high-speed QC sites and the various local types (MUDs/workplace L2) - the more recent press release doesn't do that, just lumps them all together.
Last edited by GRA on Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:24 pm

OBTW, here's another report from 5/10/18, which also dis-aggregates the intended Cycle 1 HPQC and local charging sites (California only in this case):
First Quarter 2018 Report to the
California Air Resources Board
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/sites/ ... 202018.pdf

It's possible I'm misreading all of this, but I don't think so. For those who are interested, here's EA's
National ZEV Investment Plan:
Cycle 2
Public Version – February 4, 2019
https://elam-cms-assets.s3.amazonaws.co ... n%20vF.pdf

which indicates a shift away from L2 for local charging sites and a move towards 150kW QCs for same instead in Cycle 2, with the highway HPQC sites offering 150/350kW.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GetOffYourGas
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2012

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:21 pm

GRA wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:I’m sorry but I quoted a press release from 2 months ago and you respond with a flurry of quotes from their plan published 2 years ago.
Because the initial plan distinguishes between all the types of sites they planned to build, which included both the high-speed QC sites and the various local types (MUDs/workplace L2) - the more recent press release doesn't do that, just lumps them all together.
Thank you for finally writing out your point. I'm not trying to be obstinate, but I did not get that from your posting of a string of quotes.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Leaf3540
Delivery Date: 19 Nov 2018
Leaf Number: 303006

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:03 am

EA's own list shows that site (Williamsburg, IA) as 3 CCS/1CHAdeMO
Rats,
I figured this was too good to be true.
Thanks for the info.

GRA

Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:36 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:Thank you for finally writing out your point. I'm not trying to be obstinate, but I did not get that from your posting of a string of quotes.
No worries. I forget sometimes that all the info floating around in my head as background isn't necessarily floating around in anyone else's, or with the same arrangement! :D

Clarksville, AR (Jct. I-40/S.R. 103) is open, #16 for the month and #151 total.

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Leaf3540 wrote:I hope this isn’t a typo. PlugShare expanded info on a station west of Iowa City on I-80 shows 4 Chademo and 4 CCS. I’ll be there in a couple weeks, driving from Colorado. I’ll post a report.
Its wrong. Plugshare is not accurate until just before activation. It will change to one Chademo and 4 CCS which is not correct either since the one chademo and one of the CCS is a single station.
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:45 pm

Two more sites have opened, making 18 for the month and 153 total: Joliet, IL (I-80 east of I-55); Glenview, IL (Midway btwn. I-94/294, N. of Chicago).

Joliet was much needed, as it closes the gap on I-80 between Geneseo (113 miles W.) and Mishawaka (111 miles E.). Glenview serves people heading N or NW of Chicago to Milwaukee, Madison etc.

DaveinOlyWA
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2018
Leaf Number: 314199

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:03 pm

GRA wrote:Two more sites have opened, making 18 for the month and 153 total: Joliet, IL (I-80 east of I-55); Glenview, IL (Midway btwn. I-94/294, N. of Chicago).

Joliet was much needed, as it closes the gap on I-80 between Geneseo (113 miles W.) and Mishawaka (111 miles E.). Glenview serves people heading N or NW of Chicago to Milwaukee, Madison etc.
Can you post list of sites pending or provide link?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles.2016 S30 deceased. 29,413 miles. 2018 S40; 15,000 miles, 478 GIDs, 37.0 kwh 109.81 Ahr , SOH 94.61, Hx 120.15
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRA

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:19 pm

EA's coming soon map seems to be down at the moment, but if you go to their site, click on "locate a charger", then on the 'three slide bar' icon in the upper left, below that a box will open that shows "Status", and below it, "Connectors". Uncheck the "Site is Live" box and then zoom the map out all the way; note that the response is often slow, so it may take a while.

Alternatively, if you want to view all the individual sites on the full country map, go to plugshare, click on the three horizontal lines option box in the upper left, then click on :"Toggle All" in the "Plugs" section below to turn them all off, click in the upper right of the CCS/SAE and if you want, CHAdeMO boxes to turn those back on, then scroll down a little further to the "Networks" section, click "Toggle All" again to turn them all off, then click in the upper right of the "Electrify America" box to turn that on. The map will show all open and known under construction EA sites, but not necessarily all the ones on EA's list of "Coming soon". OTOH, it sometimes shows sites that aren't on EA's "Coming soon" list, i.e. stealth sites.

One more site has opened (EA's site map grouping keeps changing, and is making it hard to total them all up), #19 for the month and #154 total: Walterboro, SC (Jct. I-95/S.R. 64). This shortens the I-95 leg between Florence, SC (105 Miles N.) and Pooler, GA (67 miles S.).
Last edited by GRA on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRA

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:54 pm

GCC:
Electrify America collaborating with nine additional companies to host more than 30 ultra-fast electric vehicle charging stations
https://www.greencarcongress.com/2019/0 ... 25-ea.html
. . . Electrify America’s charging stations will be installed at a variety of locations including leading grocery chains Kroger and The Save Mart Companies; real estate investment trusts (REIT) including Federal Realty Investment Trust, Fulcrum Property, ShopCore Properties, ValueRock Realty Partners, The Macerich Company and Washington Prime Group; and Pan-Cal Corporation, a real estate development and investment company.

More than 20 of the new charging sites will be located in California. Other charging sites will be built at locations in six additional states including Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Virginia and Washington.

Electrify America plans to install or have under development 484 charging station sites featuring more than 2,000 ultra-fast chargers by July 2019.

In the first two phases of the company’s investments ending December 31, 2021, Electrify America’s DC fast charging stations are expected to be located in 29 metro areas, along high-traffic corridors in 46 states including the District of Columbia and two cross-country routes. . . .

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”