Juicebox Pro 40: Feedback

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironmanco

Any leaf owners out there that can share some feedback on their Juicebox Pro 40? The app, the control, etc?

Any other devices with similar functionality in a similar price range (the connected CC seems to be pricey)?

I've been through EVSEupgrade, and am currently using a 40A openevse unit.

A quick search of the forum may yield more results than starting a new thread. I can think of any EVSE that has been more widely discussed on this board.

It's a quality product with great support if needed. The app works just fine and does what it needs to do. Highly recommend this product.

I built two juicebox basic units and neither has come back so I assume that they are still working. I prefer OpenEVSE but the JuiceBox seems relaible. I just do not like that the basic is really that and on the pro you must use the app to set things.

i have a funky temperature reading when its super cold (when it is -25C out and unit is idle, it says 95C or something ridiculous but if its a bit warmer then it seems to show the correct temperature). Otherwise than this minor glitch it works great. the time of use features are region specific and not really applicable.

the cable that they're including is super overbuilt. my guess is its the same cable for the 70 amp version, as most 30A EVSEs (including public chargers around here) are much thinner. it gets a bit stiff when super cold, but that's expected.

the google home integration is a bit of a joke, but its a starting point i guess.

for me the most useful feature is the current and energy logging graphs. having a super weird charging issue and its been great at getting some documentation that might become useful when trying to explain our situation...

Back