JEKAYLA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebeighe

Too cheap?

EV CHARGER WITH NEMA 14-50 PLUG, 240V, 32A, 7.68KW, SAE J1772 STANDARD, UL LISTED
$334. I can't figure out if it's free shipping or what, i began checkout and it seemed like it wasn't adding anything(?)

https://www.jekayla.com/collections/ev-charger/products/sae-j1772-portable-ev-charger-with-nema-14-50-plug-and-16-4-cable-240v-32a-7-68kw-ul-listed

Strangely, it's on amazon from them for more ($399), but with prime shipping, and of course if there was "trouble" it might be easier to return via amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071K874MG

It seems very similar to the Zencar EVSE that I and several others have. I'd really be surprised if it's "UL listed" and not just made with "UL listed components" but personally I wouldn't care too much.
A bit confused about the amperage, at one point they say 10, 16, 32 and 40a and that it will also work on 120v with an adapter cable but no indication of how to change the amperage and a similar one on Amazon I asked the question, the seller said it was not adjustable, only that it would charge what the car called for, up to 40a. If not adjustable I can't see how handy 120v charging would be, I mean if you have a 6.6kwh Leaf it would draw 27.5a @ 120v :shock: not many outlets rated for that.

Yeah, I was a bit confused too then discovered that they have different models, each at a fixed amperage setting. So, not as versatile as the Zencar.

jjeff said:
...I'd really be surprised if it's "UL listed" and not just made with "UL listed components" but personally I wouldn't care too much.
Oh, here's the UL answer:

<[email protected]>
We are under applying UL certificate right now, but need some time.
It is a mistake by us, sorry to make you confused.
We have already delete the content related to "UL listed".
Thank you for your feedback.

I thought as much. Now again, personally I'm not a stickler for UL listing if it's quality built that's more important to me than any sticker they might stick on it. If you were a stickler for UL listing, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this EVSE to be UL listed. Afterall look how long it took Juicebox to get UL listed, YEARS! and even then it's only one model they sell, most are still non-UL listed.

Back